Chapter 33

Hi there everyone! I'm so sorry for how long this update took. I got in kind of a writing rut that it took me a while to figure out how to get out of. But I'm happy to be back and have another chapter up for you guys. Feel free to re read chapters if you need a refresher!

Enjoy <3

***

Zoe

Blaise's anger has still not diminished by the time we make it to Potions the following morning.

"I swear to god, Zoe, if he shows up -- " He growls the words beneath his breath, his head darting frantically around the room as if Flint might pop up from beneath one of the tables, " -- I'll kill him. I will beat the living shit out of him again. He thinks I won't, but I will."

"Blaise -- " I say. I steal a nervous glance towards the door, praying that I won't spot Flint strolling through it. "You already got him good enough. Just let it go, please."

His head snaps towards me. "Let it go? After he said that about you? In front of the entire common room?" Blaise laughs, but it's clearly not because he finds anything funny. "I think the fuck not. I'll let it go when hell freezes over."

"You're just angry right now." I plead. "It's just your temper. It will go away. Don't let it control you."

Blaise completely ignores what I've said, his eyes trained murderously on the door like a guard dog. I sigh tensely, forcefully, stress coiling itself around my body like a constricting rope. Clearly, there's nothing I can do to convince him to control his anger towards Flint. 

I try to make myself feel grateful for the fact that Flint hasn't showed up to class yet. Potions lasts for over an hour, and I seriously doubt that Blaise can be in his presence that long without punching him again.

I chew on my lower lip nervously, the back of my neck burning up. My leg bounces frantically beneath the table.

"Stop worrying, Zoe." Blaise snaps, evidently noticing my nervous habit. He places a large hand on my knee beneath the table, forcing my leg to go still. I note that the soft manner of his touch greatly contrasts his harsh voice.

I hesitate for a moment, my eyes loosely focused on his face. Then, a calm feeling that reminds me of warm liquid pours through me. I give a small nod, deciding to give in to him for now. 

Blaise's chest rises slowly, and his fingers slide off my leg beneath the table. He's clearly glad that I'm not going to try to fight him on this right now. 

"Hey, Zoe. Blaise."

I glance up to see both Crabbe and Goyle sliding into the stools on the opposite side of the table from us. They haul their tattered textbooks and quills onto the tabletop.

"Morning, guys." I say quietly, trying to hide how stressed I am. Blaise doesn't say anything. I steal another glance towards the doorway. No Flint yet.

Goyle makes a face like he's about to throw up. He opens his mouth, clearly wanting to say something, but no words come out.

"Got something to say, mate?" Blaise pipes up hotly. "Or are you so dull that you've forgotten how to speak?"

I want to give Blaise a good shove for this rude comment. However, I know how pissed he is about the events of the last twenty-four hours, so I decide against it. 

"Um -- yeah, actually, I do." Goyle stammers. He turns to me, fidgeting uncomfortably with his hands. 

"I just wanna say I'm sorry about Flint last night, Zoe. He was totally out of line, saying that kind of stuff to you."