nine.

CHAPTER NINE❝ what an idiot

CHAPTER NINE
❝ what an idiot. ❞

THE GREEN HAIRED GIRL JUMPED roof to roof in a steady pace after she completed her latest mission. She was just doing an A-class mission with the other two elite jounin. Because of this war, the ANBU were more likely to carry out Jounin class missions.

Deg!

She halted in shock. Her gaze was blank as she thought about this feeling in her chest. The two Jounins who were her teammates also stopped and turned to look at the girl curiously.

"Something wrong?"

"No, you can go first," she replied, her brain still spinning at the feeling that enveloped her. 

There's no mistaking it. This feeling. Kyuubi.

Shizuka turned around and ran quickly towards the source of the released Kyuubi's chakra. She had given Naruto a bit of her chakra  two days ago secretly so she could know firsthand if the kyuubi reacted again. But she didn't expect that he would react so quickly. She couldn't help but be curious about Naruto's spur to release the Kyuubi's chakra. Actually, what made his emotions run high? Or did he take it out on purpose?

Never mind. Shizuka shook her head a few more times to regain her focus and increase her running speed. No matter how tired she was after completing the A-class mission earlier.

"Shizuka?"

The girl turned to the side, seeing Kakashi who was also running towards the same direction as his dog ninja, Pakkun. "Kakashi ..." she trailed off. "I don't have time for you. But we have to hurry."

After a few minutes of running, Shizuka realized that the kyuubi's chakra had disappeared. Because of that they also rely on Pakkun's smell, because she can't feel the chakra of the kyuubi and herself in Naruto's body. 

The three of them finally jumped down from the trees. Standing on the cliffs of the Valley of the End, the place where Hashirama and Madara used to fight.

Shizuka and Kakashi gives each other a look before jumped down at the same time. On the riverbank, Naruto lay unconscious. "So he failed huh," muttered Kakashi, crouching down to pull Naruto up.