seventeen.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ❝ urusainodayo,❞

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
❝ urusainodayo,❞

NARUTO SLICKED HIS BANGS BACK with his fingers, feeling the heat of this summer. He regretted not wearing his headband, thinking that he was not on a mission so he didn't wear it.

He looked around him. His pace was fast so that no girls would bother him anymore. After he returned to Konoha, for some reason, many girls surrounded him. Give him compliments, encouragement, and even gifts. It's not that he doesn't like it, it's just that he thinks it's too much.

Even his friends from the academy were like that, even though they used to look at him like a fool who asked for attention. Not the one who got the attention.

Naruto's steps stopped in front of the fence of Midorima abode. The house is on a cliff and close to the forest. And far from settlements. Like a secluded villa.

He opened the gate whispering 'pardon the intrusion' and he realized how quiet the house was. Does her family all work? Well, Naruto doesn't know. Shizuka never told them, and he never asked her.

Naruto entered the traditional style house and headed straight to Shizuka's room. And how does he know where her room is? The teen uses his sensors to find Shizuka's chakra. Easy peasy.

He walked deeper into the house like someone owns the house. Without any politeness or anything until he stood at the door of Shizuka's room. He grabbed the door and slid it open. "Shi-chan!"

Naruto blinked a few times to assure himself of the scene before him. The room was dark, the door near the balcony was not opened and the lights were not turned on. The furniture looks neat. But that wasn't what surprised Naruto. Because there, on her bed, Shizuka sat hugging her legs. She used the blanket to cover herself until only her face was visible.

Is she cold? But it's summer right now?

"Shi-chan?" call Naruto again to confirm if it is really Shizuka.

"Naruto?" Shizuka's voice was hoarse. The girl lifted her head towards Naruto and the man noticed her pale face and tired looking dead eyes. As if she has no enthusiasm for life.

"Hey, are you okay?" asked Naruto softly before turning on the light switch and taking a few steps to enter the room. "Are you sick? That's why you didn't come earlier?"

Shizuka didn't answer. And it made Naruto walk over to her, his brows furrowed in worry. He used the back of his hand to check the temperature of the girl's forehead. "You're not hot."

"I never said I was hot, nanodayo," she retorted.

"You didn't answer me when I asked," Naruto pointed out. "But seriously, are you okay?"