twenty eight.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT ❝ my dear Madara? ❞

my dear Madara?

THE FIRST THING SHIZUKA NOTICED after she opened her eyes was how blurry everything looked. Her whole body felt hurt and sore. It was like being crushed by something very heavy. Her fingers twitched, while her face scrunched up with discomfort. Feeling her lack of glasses.

Where am I?

"You're awake!" someone exclaimed, running towards her. Shizuka didn't know who he was, all she could see were red and brown. His voice also felt familiar.

"...Hashirama-sama?" she managed to utter his name. Her voice sounded hoarse.

"Yes, it's me," he said.

"How? How am I still alive?" Her breath started to shorten while her palms started to sweat, shaking. "Madara ... that meteorites ... I thought I didn't make it ..."

"Calm yourself first. Take a deep breath," Hashirama's voice turned very gentle, causing Shizuka to calm down while taking a steady breath. "I found you in the meteorite heap and luckily your head is fine. I'm sorry I'm late to save you."

"... It's okay," she muttered, leaning her head on the ground. She made her body relax, enjoying it after hours of fighting Madara relentlessly.

"You're great, you know? Fighting alone against Madara and managed to survive," said Hashirama. "Not everyone can do it."

"Maybe if he's alive I can defeat him," Shizuka whispers quietly so Hashirama couldn't hear what she said. "How about Madara? And the Ten Tails?"

"The Ten Tails have been defeated by your friend and Madara ... He came back to life," he explained.

Shizuka widened her eyes. Feeling both proud and shocked due to the information she just got. She tried to sit up but failed as she could feel something pressing against her body. She gingerly lifted her hand to her stomach, feeling the familiar skin of wood.

"Your connections with trees are so deep that they want to heal you," Hashirama spoke. "I did heal you too. But I'm not very good at it."

"Please stop, I already owe you a lot," whispered Shizuka. After feeling the wood creeping away, she tried to sit down even though it was hard.

She took a deep breath, glancing at the First Hokage from the corner of her eyes. "Hashirama-sama, can you please take me to the battlefield?" and before he opened his mouth, Shizuka continued. "Maybe I can get treatment from Sakura."

Hashirama exhaled because of her stubbornness but still agreed. "Alright."

Shizuka took out her spare glasses from a scroll. Being a ninja who wears glasses makes her have to bring some spare on her.