Chapter 4

Jennie sat on the leather seat and laid the freshly dry-cleaned jacket on the empty space next to her.

The car door closed and she had just told the driver where to go when her phone suddenly rang.

She took out the device and inadvertently smiled a bit when she saw the name. She kept her word. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Miss Kim. How are you feeling?" "Better."

"Good to hear." Lisa paused for a second. "Your husband's attorney called. They are coming by later today, at 12.30. Can you make it?"

The smile had long disappeared. "Sure."

"Okay then. I'll see you later."

"See you later."

Jennie was about to hang up when she heard Lisa's voice again.

"Miss Kim?"

"Yes?"

"Don't worry too much."

And just like that, the small smile returned. "Thanks."

"Goodbye."

"Bye."

-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐

A light tap came from the glass door and Lisa stopped her strumming.

"Miss Kim is here to see you, Unnie," Sooyoung said.

Lisa looked at the clock on the wall. She's early. "Oh okay, send her in." Lisa gently put down the guitar and set it back in its place.

"You can play guitar?"

Lisa turned. "Still learning." She stood up.

Jennie put the jacket in her hand on one of the chairs. "Thank you for this. It's been dry-cleaned."

"That's fast."

"The apartment has 24 hour laundry service." Jennie sat down on the other chair.

"Nice. Thank you." Lisa sat back down. "You're early, Miss Kim."

"My meeting ended faster than expected." Jennie leaned back in her chair. "I hope you haven't been playing guitar all morning."

"I do not waste my client's money or my best friend's best friend's trust." She tilted her head. "I thought you trusted me."

"I was just kidding, Lisa. Lighten up."

Lisa raised her eyebrows but stayed quiet.

Jennie was about to ask something when she heard a cheerful voice.

"Unnie! I got you‐... Oh. Oops, sorry." Yeri stopped in her tracks, lowered the large envelope she was holding and bowed politely. "I didn't know Lisa unnie has company. I'm sorry to barge in like that."

Lisa gestured for Yeri to come in. "It's fine, Yeri. This is Miss Kim Jennie." She turned towards Jennie. "This is Kim Yeri, our private investigator."

Jennie stood up and shook Yeri's hand after the latter had bowed again.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Kim."

"Feel free to call me unnie," Jennie said and sat back down.

"I might just do that." Yeri grinned. She then handed Lisa the envelope she was holding.

"Is this...?"

"Yep."

"Thanks."

"Sure thing." Yeri turned around and bowed to Jennie again. "Good luck, Miss Kim."