Chapter 7

"Hi, Sooyoung."

The tall girl looked up from the papers on her desk. "Hi, Unnie. Are you here to see Lisa unnie?"

"No. I'm actually looking for Yeri."

"Oh? She's not here. I think Jisoo unnie just sent her out on an errand. Anything I can help you with?"

"Can you give her this?" Jennie placed the cake box on the desk.

"Sure." Sooyoung stood up from her chair. "I'll put it in the fridge for you."

"It's okay, you seem busy. I'll do it myself." Jennie turned and pointed at the hallway. "That way, right?"

"Yes. Just go straight ahead. It's right at the end of the hall."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

Sooyoung went back to work as Jennie made her way down the hall.

She finally reached the end of it and turned to her right to see a figure she had grown to know well bending with her head lost in the fridge.

Jennie had to smile. "I think you can totally fit in there."

"Ow!" Lisa bumped her head, startled by Jennie's voice. She slowly backed out of the fridge, sulking while rubbing her head. "Why do people like to physically hurt me?" She grumbled.

Jennie laughed. Too cute, seriously. "What are you doing?"

"Hiding my dessert."

"Ah, I should've known. What kind of dessert?"

"Cake. The one you gave me."

Jennie grimaced. "It's been more than a week! Are you nuts? You'll get a stomachache!"

Lisa grinned. "Not that exact same slice, Miss Kim. I still love my stomach. I bought another slice but it's that same cake."

"Oh, I see."

"What are you doing here?" Lisa closed the fridge.

Jennie lifted the box in her hands. "I'm going to store this for Yeri."

"For Yeri?" Lisa raised her eyebrows then furrowed them. "It's not her birthday. What's the occasion?"

Jennie shrugged. "Just a little thank you for entertaining me with her antics." She covered up the real intention behind the cake.

"Oh okay." Lisa pulled the fridge door open again. "Let me clear up some space."

Jennie waited until Lisa was done before she stepped forward to put the cake safely on the top shelf. She left the card with Yeri's name on top of the box. She backed away and closed the heavy door. "There. Thanks." She smiled at Lisa.

"No problem. I'll be eating some of that too so I don't mind helping you keep it safe," Lisa grinned as she made her way out of the pantry.

Jennie quietly followed Lisa. "You're not busy?" She matched Lisa's pace.

"Nope." Lisa strolled casually with her hands in her pockets. "You?"

"Had a meeting this morning but free for the rest of the day."

Lisa didn't reply.

"Have you heard from the judge?" Jennie asked again.

Lisa shook her head. "Not yet."

They reached the main hall and stopped.

Should I ask her to stay? Take her out to lunch? Wait. It's past lunchtime. Coffee? No. Client, Lis. Someone else's wife too. Do not play with fire. Lisa stole a glance at the woman standing next to her.