9

I woke up to see Colby sitting next to the bed, he held my hand but was sleeping, his head resting against the wall. I saw my dad coming in and I brought one finger to my lips, silently telling him to be quiet. "Hey squirt." He whispered and came up to kiss my head, "hey dad, sorry for scaring you." I whispered and he gave me a sad smile as my aunt came in, I also told her to be quiet and motioned to Colby who was out cold still. I watched as he peacefully slept, "I'm glad your okay." Dad said and smoothed my hair, causing me to look at him.

"Me too dad, I'm not going out without a fight." I said and looked at my aunt, "hey aunt Sarah, thanks for being here." I whispered and she smiled giving me a hug, "I'm glad you're okay, I'm glad your baby is okay too, congratulations by the way." She whispered then looked at Colby, "I assume he's the father?" I smiled, "of course he is, thank you by the way." I said and looked at him. He looked the most peaceful I had seen him in a while. I felt a wave of guilt, I always brought him so much stress, I knew it wasn't my fault that I got into the accident but the thought that he was stressed out about me broke my heart.

"Hey, relax sweetheart, it's okay." My dad said quietly and grabbed the hand Colby wasn't holding, "I'm sorry" I whispered and shook my head. "Don't be sorry squirt. What's on that mind of yours?" He asked and I shook my head, "I hate that I scared everyone. I hate the worry I put on everyone. I hate how weak I am." My voice cracked, "hey, calm down. We worry because we love you! We want you to be better and okay. You're not weak at all sweetie, you've been so strong during all of this. You have a heart of gold darling, you're in so much pain and you're sitting here worried about everyone else." I shook my head, "I don't want to get worked up. I don't want to have another seizure. I just...I just want to go home." I said and started to cry.

"I know sweetie, soon though. Just keep toughing it out." Dad said as I felt Colby stir, causing me to look over at him, "good morning." I whispered as he cracked his eyes open, "hey, why are you upset? Are you okay?" He asked sitting up quickly. "I'm fine, baby." I said as he wiped my tears off my cheek. "Okay." He whispered, "you remember my aunt Sarah right?" I said and gestured to her, Colby smiled, "of course I do, how are you doing?" He asked and she smiled, "I'm doing good, I need these two to stop getting into car accidents though," she said with a laugh. I scrunched my nose at her as my dad playfully smacked her arm.

We hung out for a little while before Colby stood up, "hey Mr. Williams, can we talk for a minute I have a question for you." He said as my dad nodded, "you guys want us to get you some food or drinks or anything?" I nodded, "can I get some water and...maybe some cake." I said and rubbed my belly. "You got it babe," Colby said and kissed my head.

Once they left the room and aunt came and sat next to me, "okay, now that they are gone how about you tell me what's going on in your head." I shook my head, "I just wish they would relax a little...I know they are just worried but I hate being a stresser for them." I sighed and bit my lip. She shook her head, "no sweetie, don't think like that. They worry because they care. And knowing your father he hasn't stopped worrying about you since you moved out. They both love you so much and they want you to be okay, they don't want you to be upset that they are worried." I nodded, "I know I know...I just wish I could go home and have everything just be normal." I admitted as she smiled softly, "soon darling."

•••

About a week passed and I was progressing so fast, my aunt and dad went back to North Carolina a couple days ago after a lot of arguing. Dad didn't feel right leaving me but I practically begged him to trust me that I was doing okay. Claire even came by to visit and check up on the baby, even though the doctors and nurses were keeping an eye on her. It felt good to get the reassurance from her about all of it. Colby and I were currently waiting for the doctors to come check to see if I was ready to be discharged. I was still in a lot of pain but I just wanted to be home and with my friends again. "You excited?" Colby said as I sat up, "yes! I hope he tells me I can go, I want to sleep in our bed again." I said with a sigh. "I know, I have a good feeling about this though." He said and kissed my hand just as the doctor walked in.

"So doc, tell me some good news." I said with a smile, he just looked at me and let out a sad sigh. "Oh.." I whispered feeling the disappointment pooling in my chest. "I don't think we are ready for you to go just yet." He said sadly as Colby squeezed my hand, "but...I think we are just gonna have to get over it because you are in fact going home today." The doctor said with a smile causing a huge smile to form on my face, "are you serious?!" I yelled happily, "I'm serious, I'll sign your discharge paperwork and then you'll be good to go." I looked over at Colby with a wide smile as he watched me, his eyes were filled with admiration and joy. The doctor left and a few minutes later Meghan was coming in with a wheelchair for me,

"I'm gonna miss you Cor." She said as she and Colby helped me get out of the bed. "I'm gonna miss you too, but I sure as hell won't miss this place." I said with a laugh, "I totally understand. The next time your here though it better be for when you give birth and I better meet that precious baby." She said and hugged me after getting me into the chair. "I'm gonna go pull up the car." Colby said and kissed my cheek, before Meghan started to sort through the paperwork. "Maybe we will name her Meghan after you." I said with a wink and she laughed, "you better." She said then patted my back once, "alright, let's get you out of here." She said and started to wheel me through the hallways.

When we got to the car Colby was sitting leaning against the door with a smile on his face, "ready to go home baby girl?" He asked as we made it to him. "Yes, more than ready!" I said with a smile. He helped me into the car and then gave Meghan a hug, "thank you for taking care of her." He said and she smiled, "it's my job, but you're welcome. It was a pleasure getting to know you two." She said and waved, before walking back into the building.

Colby closed my door then jogged around to get in the drivers side, "let's go home baby." He said and squeezed my hand.