105

"Where are we going?" I asked Colby as he drove us down the road. He didn't respond which caused my heart to shift, was he mad at me? "I'm not mad at you love." He said and grabbed my hand. "Please tell me where we are going? Where's Mia? Is she safe?" I asked and whipped my head around to see the car seat was empty. "We are going to the hospital." Oh my god who was hurt? Was Mia hurt or sick? What about my dad? "Nobody is hurt, everyone is fine. Just relax for me." He said and squeezed my hand. It was almost like he was reading my mind.

Wait? Why were we in the car? Shouldn't we be back at home?

"Wh-" I started but Colby interrupted, "shh, don't worry about it." He said and I pulled my hand from his, "I need to worry about it Cole! I can't live with my dad being mad at me!" I snapped and folded my arms over my chest. Why wouldn't he tell me where we were going?! It's a simple question.

"I'm sorry Cor, just believe me when I say he's not mad at you." Colby said and tried to grab my hand but I turned away from him in my seat.

We sat in silence as I looked out of the window. We were pulling up to hospital when Colby called someone. Oh my god was someone hurt? Where was Mia?

"Hey we are here." Colby said into his phone as he parked the car. I looked down at my shaking hands as he hung up the phone, "nobody is hurt baby, everyone's fine." He said and got out of the car. I was so confused I couldnt even move.

When did it get light out? Why were we at the hospital? Where was everyone else?

Colby opened my door and held his hand out to me, "w-what's going on?" I asked as fear bubbled in my chest. My head started hurting more and more with every thought I had.

"Hey, calm down." Colby said gently as he crouched down to be level with me since I was still in the car. "Why are we here?" I asked as a sharp pain filled my head.

"Don't worry, we are here to visit Meghan." He said and I couldn't help but smile, I loved Meghan but was she hurt? Is that why we were visiting? Where was dad?

I got out of the car as Colby grabbed my hand. Wait. Where were we going? I just looked at Colby and wimpered as the confusion started making my head fog up.

"Relax, you're okay. We are visiting Meghan, remember?" He asked and I shook my head.

"How can I remember something you never told me?" I asked and he just shrugged, "doesn't matter. Hey Meghan!" He yelled as Meghan came up with a wheel chair. "Hey guys! Cora how are you feeling?" She asked and subtly sat me down in the chair, where were we going?

"Wait. What's going on?" I asked and Colby just leaned over as they wheeled me down the hallway and grabbed my hand. "You're okay." He whispered as Meghan pushed me along. A shot of pain seared through my skull as my heart raced.

Where was I? What was going on? I should be at home. Dad is mad at me. I had to make things right with him. "Hey, it's okay." A woman's voice said from behind me as we walked through the hallways of what looked like a hospital. What was going on? Who was hurt? Was I hurt?

"I'm scared." I whispered looking around.

I was home a minute ago, how did I get here? I felt my head throb as I looked around more, "Don't be scared it's okay," Colby said and squeezed my hand as I was brought into a dark room. "Cora, hey." The woman said and walked around the wheelchair and in front of me, "Meghan? What's going on?" I asked and she just shook her head, "Colby's gonna help you get these on okay?" She said and held up a gown.

What was going on?

"O-okay. Can someone tell me what's going on?" I asked and they just ignored me. Meghan left the room and Colby helped me stand up, "listen to me baby, you're gonna be okay." He said and kissed my forehead. Why wouldn't I be okay?

I looked around to see I was in the hospital, wait what?

Colby was pulling off my shirt as I shivered, "n-no...what are you doing?" I asked and he rubbed my arms, "you're okay. We just have to get you changed." He said and tied a gown behind my back.

I felt a shock of pain in my head which had me almost falling over, where was I?

"Colby?" I wimpered and he had his arms around me in a second, "relax, just breathe." He said and kissed my head as the door opened.

"Cora, are you ready?" A woman asked and stood in front of me, "Meghan?! What's going on?" I asked as she gently led me to a table in the middle of a dark room, "owwww" I hissed as my head started hurting. "Is she okay?" Colby asked but I never heard an answer.

My mind went blank as I started thinking about what I was going to say to Stephanie, I felt really bad for hitting her. Maybe after I apologized we could actually be friends. Maybe she would back off of Colby if I apologized.

Where was I?

I went to look around but couldn't move my head because it was secured in something, "don't move Cora, you're okay." A woman's voice said as I started to cry.

I was just home. Where was I now?

My head hurt. It was dark. I was scared.

I tried to sit up but there was something holding me down.

"Where am I?" I cried out feeling fear fill my whole body. Was I being abducted? Or tortured?

"You're okay baby girl." Colby's voice called out giving me instant comfort. I felt my eyes closing as loud noises filled my ears.

I couldn't fall asleep yet, I needed to talk to my dad. I hated the idea that he was mad at me. He was my rock, I needed him.

My head throbbed causing me to cry out, "is she okay?" Colby's frantic voice called out as loud noises filled my ears.

How did I get here? I was just home?

"You okay Cora?" A woman's voice called out, "what's going on?" I breathed out as my head pounded.

I felt like I couldn't breathe my head was hurting so bad.

Was I dying?