57

Colby's POV

Cora's eyes were basically closed as I grabbed a cup and poured the cold water onto her head. She looked so pale and her cheeks were completely flushed, she mumbled something that I couldn't understand, "what?" I asked quietly and tried to move her wet hair from her face, she opened her mouth but couldn't make a sound which broke my heart, "baby you're scaring me, are you okay?" I asked and turned her head towards me. She nodded slowly and let her eyes close again.

After about ten minutes she was shivering so bad that I had to drain the water. She looked up at me weakly as I lifted her up, wrapping her in a towel.

"Thank you." She whispered as I walked her to the counter. Her legs were so weak that I had to lift her up to sit on the counter as I dried her hair, "you're welcome baby, how are you feeling?" I asked and she just smiled weakly at me, lifting her shaking hand to my cheek, "you're so cute." She mumbled causing me to chuckle, "you're cute too, but how are you feeling?" I asked again and she shook her head, "sick." Was all she whispered before resting her head on my shoulder. I sighed and grabbed her clothes, and started dressing her again. I touched her forehead to check if she had a fever and she was hot to the touch, "Jesus you're burning up." I breathed out and helped her get off of the counter.

I walked her to the bed and sat her down, then climbed behind her so I could brush her wet hair out, "I'm sorry." She whispered so quietly that I barely heard her, "why are you sorry?" I asked and brushed her hair gently, "you have to take care of me." She said quietly. I smiled and kissed the back of her head, "I know you would do the same for me." I said and rubbed her arms from behind as she shivered.

I finished brushing her hair and stood up, giving her room to lean back into the bed. "I brought you soup but it's probably cold." I said and handed her the cup of soup I had made her. "Not hungry." She said and closed her eyes, leaning further into the pillows. "Okay, get some rest baby girl, call me if you need me." I said and kissed her head before leaving the room.

When I made it back to the living room Kat was holding Mia, "she okay?" She asked me as I grabbed Mia, "she's really sick, like it's kind of scary how sick she is honestly." I said and cradled Mia closer to my chest. "I bet Jen had something to do with it." Kat said with a scowl, "what do you mean?" I asked and rocked Mia as she reached up at me, "think about it, she was working at the restaurant and now Cora happens to be extremely sick? I don't trust her." Kat said and frowned.

"I'm sure she didn't do anything like that, I think Mia might have given it to her." I said and grabbed Mia's hand, "right little girl?" I cooed as she wiggled in my arms. "I still don't trust her. Psycho bitch." Kat said and settled into the couch some more.

Also as if on cue I got a text from an unknown number,

Hey Colbs I've missed you ):

I shook my head and responded

Who is this?

"Do you guys have this number?" I asked and showed Sam and Kat. "Nope." They said at the same time.

Oh come on Colby don't be so dense. How's your girlfriend feeling?

I clenched my jaw and responded

You fucking bitch. Lose this number.

I groaned and the threw the phone against the couch, scaring Mia. She started to cry causing me to bounce her, "I'm sorry sweetheart." I cooed and rocked her as Sam picked up my phone, "so she did give Cora food poisoning?" He asked as Kat's jaw clenched, "fuck her! What is her problem?!" Kat yelled getting up, causing Mia to cry louder, "it's okay angel, Kat calm down for a second." I said and she groaned, "I'm gonna go find her." She said and stormed out of the room, "no you're not!" Sam yelled and followed her, "okay princess calm down it's okay." I whispered and rocked her until she stopped crying and was looking at me with wide eyes again.

As soon as she was calm I brought her to Tara's room, "hey can you watch her for a second?" I asked and she smiled, "you got it!" She said and held her arms out, "thank you."

When I walked out to the driveway Sam and Kat were still arguing, "I can't just sit here and watch my best friend get tortured constantly!! She can't catch a damn break and I'm afraid she's going to lose it!" Kat yelled and pointed towards the house. "I know! I feel the same way but I can't have you getting arrested!" Sam yelled before I intervened, "Kat, I feel the same way, but Sam is right." I said and she shook her head, "no, FUCK that! What is this girls problem?! She BROKE UP WITH YOU!" She yelled and pointed at me, "Cora didn't do anything wrong!" She said as tears starting pouring down her cheeks, "she can't even go to lunch to plan her wedding without someone fucking with her." She said and dropped to her knees, sobs wrecking her body.

Sam went over and held her and I looked down, she was right. Cora has been through nothing but hell since the day I met her and it hurt to see, but physical violence wasn't the answer here. "Kat, I agree..but physical violence isn't the answer...it will only bite you in the ass." I said and went to sit next to them. "I'm just so afraid she's gonna crack. I'm so scared she's gonna lose herself again." She cried and looked up at me. "I know, I'm worried about that too..but we have to go to the police, file restraining orders, I don't know.." I said and combed my hair with my hand as Sam looked in between us.

"I have an idea. Kat get in the car." He said and looked up at me. "Sam....don't do something you'll regret." I said and he shook his head. "I won't brother..just trust me here." I nodded,

"Okay. I trust you."