41

I rolled out of bed and immediately felt a headache coming on. Shit. We probably shouldn't have gone that hard considering I had literal brain surgery a week ago. I tried to ignore it as I put my shirt back on, but the pounding almost sent me to the floor. "Hey, are you okay?" Colby asked as I sat down, putting my hands on my head, "headache." Was all I had to say for him to get up and go to our bag that we haven't unpacked from the hospital.

He rummaged through it and pulled out a pill bottle, then handed me two of the tablets. "I'll get you some water hold on." He said as he slipped his sweatpants on then disappeared into the bathroom. When he came back he handed me the glass of water and sat next to me as I drank down the pills. "Sorry I went a little hard." He said sheepishly and I smiled, "never apologize for that." I said and kissed his cheek. "Maybe we should have been more patient though." I said then shakily stood to finish getting dressed.

"I'm gonna go check on Mia, make sure she's still asleep" Colby said and kissed my head as I sat there, waiting for the throbbing in my head to stop a little bit.

By the time we made it back downstairs our food was ice cold.

"You guys seriously JUST had a kid. Can you try to keep it in your pants for a minute?" Kat said as she walked in on us heating up our food in the microwave. I stifled a laugh as Colby turned to her, "do you see her? No, I can't keep it in my pants, Katrina." He said then smacked my ass. I just rolled my eyes and walked to the fridge so I could get some water. As I pulled the water bottle out, Mia's cries came through the baby monitor again, "I got her." Colby said and jogged out of the room.

"How are you feeling?" Kat asked as she leaned against the counter. I smiled at her, knowing it wasn't reaching my eyes. "I'm okay. It's weird not being pregnant anymore." I said and looked down at my stomach. It was still puffed out slightly but it was getting smaller every day, "I know, it's also weird to have a baby in the house." She sighed as I nodded, "Yeah, it's gonna take a while to get used to I think." I said with a small smile. "Has she slept through the night?" She asked and set Colby's food on the table, "she's been pretty good I think, we haven't really had to deal with that much since I had the surgery. They needed me to rest, tonight is the first real night for us." I said with a sigh and sat down.

"She just had to be changed." Colby said and jogged in. I smiled at him as Kat got up, "okay well I'm gonna go back outside, you two enjoy your meal." She said and left the room. Colby sat down as I took a bite of food, "sorry you get stuck on diaper duty a lot." He just smiled at me softly, "it's alright, you did the hardest part I can handle a couple diapers." He said which warmed my heart. He truly was the sweetest person alive.

"How's your head feelin?" He asked and started eating. "It's okay now, I think I need to cool it with the physical activity." I said with a wink as he chuckled. "So I have been meaning to ask you something..." he said causing me to tilt my head, "what's up?" I asked as he grabbed one of my hands

"Sam and I have to go out of town for a couple days, do you think that's okay?" He asked and I shrugged, "yeah, I mean it's not the most ideal but I don't want to hold you back from your job, where you going?" I asked as he grinned at me, "you're amazing. You know that?" He said quietly. "You tell me all the time." I said with a laugh, "no I mean it, nobody is that relaxed about their fiancée going out of town for a couple days with a week old baby being in the picture." I chucked and rolled my eyes playfully, "well I know you love your fans and whatever you guys are doing must be pretty important if you have to go out of town for it, I wasn't even due for another three weeks, you couldn't have predicted I would have her early. Where are you going?" I asked again and took my hand from his so I could drink my water.

"Louisiana, we wanted to do a video in New Orleans, it's supposed to be super haunted there." I nodded, "I've heard that, are Jake and Corey going too?" He nodded, "yeah they are coming with us, are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He asked and bit his lip nervously. I could tell he was having the same doubt as me, the last time they all went on a trip Kat and I almost died. "We won't drive anywhere." I said quietly and bit my lip, looking up at him. He nodded sadly, "okay, you're sure?" He asked again and I nodded, grabbing his hand and kissing it. "I promise it's okay. The girls and I will take care of Mia here, we have no reason to leave our safe little bubble. It's gonna be okay." I said giving him a reassuring smile.

Once we finished eating I went upstairs to get Mia. I wanted her to sleep tonight rather than all day. "There's my little mini me!" Kat said as I walked into the living room with her, she cooed at Kat which made her smile so wide, "here you hold her, I gotta pump a little bit." I said and handed her over to Kat. The guys were outside talking about their plans for the video they were filming. "Since the guys are leaving again I feel like we should make some plans too!" Devyn said happily.

"I told Colby I wouldn't be driving anywhere." I said with a shrug and Kat nodded, "I told Sam the same thing." She said sheepishly as Mia grabbed at her hair. "We don't have to leave the house, postmates exists. I say we treat Mia to her first movie and spa night." Tara said and grabbed Mia's foot, tickling her toes. I honestly loved the way everyone was interacting with her. My heart was so warm from all the love she was receiving.

"Are you nervous about Colby not being here? " Devyn asked is I put a blanket over myself and started filling bottles, "a little bit..there are times where I can't get Mia to settle down then he just holds her and poof her tears go away...it's gonna be tough without him." I said and sighed, "we've got you, we may not be her dad but we will do anything to help." Tara said and smiled at me as Kat bounced Mia.

I was so grateful for everyone but the truth was I was terrified for him to not be here with me. I didn't want to bring it up but the raincloud above me was raging full force and keeping it together was becoming difficult.