01 - Raid in the dark

Hey guys !
I'm back with the last opus of The Lost Boy. This one will be based on the third movie with a few surprises in the plot. I'm not telling you yet, no spoilers ! ;)

Just a little warning : the chapters will be shorter but there will be more of them.

Disclaimers : I don't own any of both movies nor How to train your dragon books nor Guardians of childhood, respective credits go to Cressida Crowell, William Joyce and Dreamworks Animation Studios.

Hope you enjoy !
Love and scales !

______________________________________________________

Chapter 1
Raid in the dark

The night was dark, silent, a thick fog was covering the sea and hiding the little ship sailing on it, slowly, carefully.

On the bridge of this ship, a man was walking with a spear and a lanthern. He was part of the guards in charge of keeping an eye on the cargo, silently walking between the cages, hitting the bars whenever the dragons in it started to complain and whine.

''Quiet !''

He grumbled to himself and resumed his round, but just a few steps away he stopped. He squinted his eyes and lifted his lanthern, trying to get a better look at the silhouette in the mist. It was human, still, completely dark, standing in front of him. Without a word, the silhouette unsheathed a sword... lighting it on fire.

The new light source made the silhouette more visible, but still as dark as before. It was jet black, and the skin was shining like dragon scales.

''What are you ?'' The trapper asked.

''Hush...'' The black silhouette answered, putting a black finger where its mouth was supposed to be but was not visible.

Even its eyes were dark, like holes, and it spoke with a strange echoing voice. The trapper tried to keep his composure, even more when he heard a low growl behind him. He turned around and spotted a dragon, perched on the top of a cage. The dragon was as black as the strange intruder behind him, yet his horns were glowing in blue, piercing the veil of the night and mist.

When the dragon went down to the ground, the trapper panicked and charged at the silhouette with the flaming sword, who warded off and dodged him without problem. No wonder, the sword was lighter and more pratical than the spear.

The fight only lasted for a few seconds before the trapper backed and threw his lanthern to the intruder's feet. It broke and spread fire on the ground, separating the trapper from both intruder and dragon. He sighed, thinking he was safe, but that was before seeing the two walk through fire, as if it was nothing but mist.

He instantly panicked and yelled.

''AAAAH ! You're a demon !''

''Hush, hush, no, I'm not a demon, I'm not a demon.'' The black silhouette assured.

It suddenly lifted its scaly head, pulling back what looked like a folding helmet, removing from the mouth and the nose a piece of black cloth. The face under it was actually human. Perfectly human.

A lightly sunkissed skin dotted with freckles, green eyes sparkling in the fire light, a few auburn strands over the forehead... The face seemed young, the man seemed in his early twenties. To sum it up, he looked quite harmful. He 'looked' harmful.

''See, just a guy. Just a guy, here to rescue these dragons. So, huh-''

''But you walked through fire !''