12 - The Hidden World

Toothless and Lumiverse were flying for a while now, following this Night Fury who was still running away from them. On their back, Joke and Hiccup were starting to wonder if this was a good idea to follow him. They were getting farther away from New Berk, disappearing to west.

They had tried to talk to their dragons, convinced them to go back, but the Furies didn't want to give up. How could their viking friends blame them ? After years and years of loneliness, supposed to be the last of their kind, they had finally met another Night Fury, it was only natural they wanted to get to know him. But said dragon didn't seem to want them close to him, or rather je didn't want their riders close to him.

If they could land, Hiccup had no objection to let Toothless and Lumiverse go to him.

''Where is he going ?'' Joke worried as he saw they were in the middle of the ocean.

''I don't know, but I don't like it, we're already too far from the island...''

Hiccup bent on Toothless and softly patted his shoulder, but the only answer he got was a short grunt, clearly telling him not to distract the dragon. It was weird, and the direction they were heading to too. Suddenly, the yellow-eyed Night Fury dove to the ocean level, followed by the other two, while Joke could help but worry.

''There's nothing but water here...''

He cut himself as he spotted something right in front of them. A cloud of fog was rising from the ocean, where a huge hole was swallowing the water. Their wild guide disappeared in it, speeding up and diving in it, while the two other Furies flew above and around this bottomless precipice.

''A great waterfall...'' Hiccup gasped.

''At the end of the world !'' Joke added.

They barely had the time to realise what it implied as their dragons suddenly dove into the mist. They went through it without incident, entering in what looked like a giant cave. They passed the veil of the waterfall and kept on flying into the cave. It was so huge the vikings felt tiny.

It was dark, and the dragons were going farther and farther in it, until they found themselves surrounded in pitch black. Lumiverse and Toothless still didn't slow down, and soon another light emerged from the darkness. A soothe blueish light coming from the water itself, as if it was filled with fluorescent algae.

They could see again, like in twilight, and felt teeny again compared to the sizeless inside of this new world. Countless stone pillars covered in plants were filling the cave like trees in a forest, and everything was incredibly still.

Theuy went through a passage inside the stone, entering in another cave, and this one was even more impressive than the previous one. There was even more pillars, covered with glowing plants and crystals, all in purple, blue an dgreen colors. It looked like a rain of lights. And it was there the lights started to reflect in the dragons scales. Toothless found himself covered with blue rays, Lumiverse in mauve and purple.

They reached the end of the stream, ending up flying above another waterfall, flying in the air. The cave was as deep as high, they couldn't see neither of the bottom nor the ceiling, and the light was brighter here. This time, they could see as clear as day.

They kept their path, flying between the glowing pillars, started to meet other dragons there. Orange lights caught their eyes, but when the Furies flew pass them, they started to move.

Actually, it was dragons, Fireworms. They were shining brighter than the vikings had ever saw them do so, just like the eggs hidden in crevices on the pillars.

Then Lumiverse suddenly dove, earning a faint shout from her rider, and Toothless followed her, descending alongside another waterfall. Lights disappeared in the stone and the dragons scales, darkness surrounded them again for a few seconds before they entered in another cave.