19 - Battle of the clans, part 1

Kosmozis' flying structure was slowly going down to the fleet. Still threatening Lumiverse's life, the general was making Toothless do everything he wanted, relaying the orders to the other dragons. So they split up on several ships, handing themselves to the trappers. The Defensors of the Wings, the Bearclaw and the different dragonless riders scattered in the water or captured by their enemies watch the sad view with broken hearts.

Lumiverse was growling on her mate and king, trying to convince him not to hand over the others in order to save her, especially since she suspected the general to not keep his word. Luckily the Night Lights were not among them, but she was starting to wonder if the Night Lights would have convinced their father to stop this all. All of this because of this stupid Kosmozis !

She already hated him with all her heart for he had almost killed her rider, and she hated even more seeing her best friend hanging in the net next to hers, tangled in it, still unconscious. She was whining in worry everytimes she landed her gaze on him. They had been caught by surprise while walking in the woods, heading to the Crescent cove.

The Deathgrippers had came out of nowhere, using their venom to drug vikings and dragons and leave with their current prisonners. Lumiverse wasn't really worried about her hatchlings, she had seen them hiding before getting drugged. She tried to convince herself the fiveth of them had manage to reach the cove and were still there.

What was really worrying her, for the moment, was what the Deathgripper's venom could have done to her wingless friend. The venom was strong, no doubt it was stronger for him as he was smaller than her, but she mostly worried about the effects it could have on the baby her best friend was bearing.

Exchanges between the two Furies were ununderstandable for humans, Kosmozis even took it for complains.

''Shut up, Alpha, it's no use to resist. Now you're all captured.''

Toothless glared at the man, he wanted so much to chop his head clean off his shoulders, this man was daring to threat his family, his friends and his people.

In the mean time, from the top of New Berk's cliff, the dragon riders had gathered. All dressed in their dragon scales armor, Hiccup had added and readied fast-crafted leather wings for them all. He had explained the plan to everyone brave enough to follow him, and had been quite surprise to see how many of them they were. The dragon riders were followed by all of the Berserkers stuck in the island, ten men and women, and almost as much Meatheads.

''So... Jump off the cliff in... this. That's the best you've got ?!'' Ruffnut asked, disconcerted.

''No. You guys are the best I've got.'' Hiccup rejoined.

Ruffnut instantly fluttered her eyelashes while stroking her braids, as if it was the cutest thing anyone had ever told her. She was taking it as much a compliment as when people told her she was annoying. While Tuffnut thought it was the best time to show his chief some support, his twin sister was faster than him and stole his words.

''I'm with him, who else ?!''

''Ruffnut, that was my line !''

Hiccup chuckled and pulled his helmet over his face before rushing to the cliff.

''Let's go !''

''Try to keep up !'' Astrid teased before following him, jumping from the cliff.

They were the first to take off, quickly followed by the twins and the rest of the group, then their backups.

On the ships, the three war lords were watching the flying structure above them, slowly lowering to land on the bridge. The two prisoners were still hanging there, tangled in the chain nets. Lumiverse was snarling and struggling like imbodied madness, while Joke finally woke up. The young man's first reflex was to pull out the dart in his chest, then he panicked noticing where he was.