02 - Busy, busy Berk

The group was leading the different dragons in the night, puting more and more distance between them and the trapper ship, heading back to the north. Hiccup was pleased to see how much dragons they had saved this time.

The sun was rising on a shining morning when the dragon riders finally came back home. Seeing their island after this long flight felt good, especially with the countless winged creatures filling the sky. There was so many dragons it was difficult to count them, even impossible.

''This is Berk. The first dragon/ viking utopia. A dream destination, for both people. The service here soars, the cuisine's fiery and the local are as colorful as you get.''

Indeed, the island was colorful due to the huge among of painted buildings covering the ground and spreading far away from the original limits of the village, also rising in high towers into the sky.

''Any run-of-the-mill paradise boasts beaches and sunshine, well not us. We've got something no one else can touch. We have dragons.''

They came along one of the high towers rising above the village. It looked like the vikings had piled several houses, all the upper stories serving to host dragons. On the roof, at least eight Gronckles were on one another, proving that, despite all the new constructions and extensions of the village, it was really busy.

''Lots and lots of dragons !''

The group started to disperse here and there, leading the dragons to settlement or treatment for those who needed it. Hiccup led the Crimson Goregutter at the core of the village.

''We are the peace's pioneers, and we endeavor to spread it around us, even if it's not to everyone's liking.''

The core of the village was one of the few places less crowded in the island, but it was difficult to reach it from the sky. So Hiccup had designed a tower with platforms going down once there was weight on them. It was simple : dragons landed on the platforms and just had to quietly wait as it was leading them to the ground.

''Once, my father told me 'If you want peace, you have to prepare for war'. I have to admit he was right since maintaining and spreading peace is a constant battle. We already had convinced a few clans to adopt this way of life, such as the Meatheads and the Defensor of the Wings – hey, we even convinced the Berserkers ! – but others still refuse to listen and change.''

Toothless and the Goregutter landed, followed by the rest of the riders. The villagers gathered around to celebrate the return of their chief, yet they backed up seeing the huge dragon. Helheim, he was even bigger than Fiery !

When the moose-like dragon landed, his weight made the earth quake. Hiccup dismounted his best friend and went to meet his people.

''Kin, meet our new berkians.''

''Welcome to paradise, mate !'' A viking said, offering a big fish to a Snapplefang.

''Aw, you're a beauty.'' A viking woman cooed to a Raincutter with beautiful red colors.

Each dragon got welcomed by viking, vikings or dragons. None of them was left alone.

''I guess it means we can't count the Southern Islands clan as allies.'' Elska statted, emerging from the crowd.

She walked to Hiccup and looked intently at the new incomers, fists on her hips. The young chief pressed his lips with nervosity.

''No, we can't. They have captured the dragons on their island and sent them to the Slaughterhouse, we were lucky to catch up with the ship and free these ones.''