06 - Exodus

A few days were necessary for the vikings to gather their belongings, days that allowed Lumiverse to recover, but she was still weak and needed to rest, so she was not flying on her own but laying on one of the loads. Joke was riding Toothless with Hiccup, making the three coming back with nostalgia to the days before the peace with dragons.

A huge convoy of dragons was soaring in the sky, above the sea, heading west. All the food, all the belongings, even animals were carried in drakkars. To protect them and avoid them to become some playing target, the sheeps had been disguised in dragons, but some of the reptiles weren't fooled, especially the Terrible Terrors that used to live on the ground with them.

Fishlegs flew within the convoy in panic, trying to catch the small Fishmeat who was constantly trying to get away, though the viking was even trying to bait him with peebles.

''Fishmeat, look ! Eat your rocks, eat your rocks !''

''Gods ! People who fly with a baby are the worst !'' Snotlout grunted.

He ducked when said baby burped a firing rock on him, it landed on his back seat, fortunately the saddle was ignifuged. Obviously, or it would have been burnt in ashes a long time ago.

To the front of the convoy, Gobber made his dragon fly closer to Toothless, where he could speak to the chief leading them.

''I feel like I'm always asking you this question, but- AAH !''

He screamed as Grump had suddenly fall asleep, in the middle of his flight, making him drop.

''Wake up, Grump ! Wake up !''

The Hotburple did so and went up again, this time behind the Night Fury. Hiccup used his telescope to look at the horizon, a glee on his face.

''Is there an actual plan or... ?'' Gobber finally asked.

''Just keep flying until we reach the end of the world.'' The young chief replied, smiling.

''Ah... Seems sensible.''

At least they had a plan, but 'reasonable' was not exactly part of the vikings' habits. The plan was light, their destination unknown, how long they would travel too, and yet Hiccup was ecstatic. Surely it was due to the nostalgia of his old expeditions, and Joke sitting behind him with his arms around his waist added to the sensation, even if the white-haired young man's mind was focused elsewhere.

Joke was only looking at the dragon resting on the deck of the drakkar following them. She was surrounded by her hatchlings.

''She's gonna be fine.'' Hiccup said reassuringly, patting his hands. ''You said yourself she was healing better than expected.''

''Yeah, I know, she's stubborn like a viking. I just can't help but think about what could have happened if the trap had not been left alone-''

Hiccup cut him before he could panic.

''Hey, that didn't happen. We found them, and they're fine. And as long as we're here, nothing's gonna happen to them. Nore to you.''

He looked at him with determination and confidence, which managed to reassure him. Joke pinced his lips and nodded as a reply. Then Hookfang went pass them, Snotlout lamenting in his back.

''Argh, it just keeps going.''

''That's 'cause the world is actually round !'' Tuffnut claimed.

Obviously, all laughed at this, but it didn't stoped him. Back at this time, everyone thought the Earth was flat, it was common knowledge.

''Sun's round, moon's round, stars are round, even if they're small and stupid.''