04 - Back around

The following day started like a busy one for Hiccup, just like usual. Between ruling the village, maintenance of the dragon structures, some of their mess to clean up... There was a lot of things to do. Even with Gobber assisting him, Hiccup used to be overbooked.

When the young viking finally found some free time, he decided to visit his friends, and his husband. Just like any other day, Joke was at the Great Shed, the biggest infrastructure for dragons on the whole island, where he was helping his mother to heal and treat the dragons. Plus, as the new healer of the clan, Joke also had to take care of the vikings, Goathi was getting pretty old to handle them all by her herself.

But Elska had way more job than the elder, since the dragons were turbulents and often hurting themselves or others. This day, for instance, Joke was taking care of a Gronckle whose back was ponctuated by spikes, but it didn't seemed to be from a Deadly Nadder, the silver color was clearly from a Razorwhip. Hiccup didn't dare to imagine how this had happened. Elska was a bit farther in the shed, bandaging the tail of a Zippleback, while the three Night Lights were playing in a stall.

When the young chief reached his husband, he took him by surprise once again, placing his hands on his shoulders and kissing his cheek from behind. Just like every time Hiccup was doing this, Joke started then smiled.

''Hey babe ! Good you're here, I could use some help.''

''Yeah, I can see that...'' Hiccup rejoined, eyeing the Gronckle sleeping on his side.

He took a stool and pulled it next to his husband, but Joke made a sign to stop him.

''Don't worry for him, I got this. Lumiverse and Toothless are not back, can you fetch them ? I think they're still in the woods.''

''Huh... yeah, no problems.''

Hiccup was not bothered to do it, but their dragons missing worried him, especially since that meant the Night Lights were alone. Toothless and Lumiverse would never leave their babies alone too long. So he got up and planted a kiss in the white hair before warning the others he was leaving.

''I'm going to the woods, searching for Toothless and Lumiverse.''

''Ah, good idea !'' Tuffnut said, joining him and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. ''A little privacy...'' He muttered.

''Huh...''

Hiccup was about to decline, but his friend hushed him while patting his chest, dragging him with him. Hiccup felt even less relaxed when he spotted his friend eyeing Joke, who was too busy with the Gronckle to notice. The fake-beard viking then rose his voice higher.

''Boy talk !''

''What... ?'' Hiccup hesitated.

''Come on, let's go work this out.''

They waited to get into the woods, away from the comotion of the village, to finally start this talk.

''So you wanna be daddy ?'' Tuff asked.

''Huh, no. Actually-''

''Good news ! Lot of pressure, judgements, and not just by me.''

''Look, Joke and I have talked about it and we agreed on-''

''Cold feet.''

Tuffnut put his hand on his shoulders and stopped him on his tracks.

''I've seen it before. Don't worry little Hicky, I'm here.''

He patted his shoulders and resumed the walk. Hiccup followed him with even more bewilderment.

''Hicky ?''