20 - Battle of the clans, part 2

''Now, let's get him, bud.''

Toothless agreed and made use of his catapulting to get in front of the general who was desperately searching for them. Hiccup saw Joke suddenly push him and bent forward to get a hold of Lumiverse's muzzle. Kosmozis grabbed his arms and tried to stop him. It was their window, the general was distracted.

Toothless' camouflage faded just as the dragon placed himself face to Lumiverse, flying straight to her. Everything happened so fast...

Joke ducked by reflex, Toothless flew just above Lumiverse, Hiccup grabbed Kosmozis' collar and tore him from the Light Fury's back. He tried to drop him instantly, but the general caught his arms and pushed on Toothless' side with his feet, dragging Hiccup along with him.

The dragon keeled over and started to trash franctically, with panic and pain as Hiccup didn't have the time to hold onto something else than his ear. Both men hung with all their weight on this delicate appendage, completely unbalancing the dragon and making him unable to focus and control his own movements. He was even slapping the men with his wings, Hiccup mostly.

The young chief struggled as he could, half deaf by the loud cries of his best friend, but no matter was he did, the general was hooked to him, grabbing his free arm and epaulet. While Toothless was sipping and losing high, Hiccup spotted something from the corner of his eye. For a second, he hoped it was Joke and Lumiverse coming to their rescue, but it was not.

Both of them were free falling. Despite the distance and the fact he was shaken about by Toothless in his distress, he noticed Lumiverse's muzzle was gone. Joke had successfully took it away, but visibly it was not enough to wake her up. She was falling flabbily, with no reaction as the young man seemed to be screaming her name and shaking her in tries to wake her up.

''You'll kill both of us !'' Kosmozis yelled with panick.

Hiccup ignored him while despair wash over him. Lumiverse was showing no sign of waking up, at all, and if Hiccup had add leather wings to his friends' and allies' equipment, he couldn't with Joke since he had been captured ! The young man wasn't even wearing his dragon scale armor !

He watched at his panicking husband holding onto the unconscious dragon. He couldn't hear him shout with all Toothless' screams, but he could see that he was really trying to wake up Lumiverse. Hiccup was just as powerless than him.

''JOKE !'' He screamed with a broken heart.

He couldn't save them, he couldn't get rid of Kosmozis, and the general was heavy and blocking his movements, unabling him to sit back on Toothless' saddle and free him from the torture of the grip he had on his delicate ear.

''Are you really gonna get yourself killed for this demon ?! That's your plan ?!'' The general snarled.

Hiccup had to do something and fast. He could only see one solution to this situation, and even if he knew the consequences, he had already decided.

''No, not for a demon.'' He said, spatting on the general's face. ''For my family.''

He had hoped this spat would have catch him off guard, making him let go by surprise, but it didn't work. Then he didn't have a choice.

He looked up at his best friend, managing to meet his lime green eyes despite his distress and pain. The dragon stopped wailing for a second, looking intently at his friend. Hiccup used his head to make a sign towards Lumiverse and Joke and waited for Toothless to see them, which he knew he did by seeing his sudden panicked look.

''Save them.'' He said.

And then he let go.

____________________________________________

I know this chapter is quite short but if I had to cut the story somewhere, it was here.

Sorry for the cliffhanger, I'll post the next chapter really soon, promise !

Love y'all !