The Letter

Harry Potter looked at his surroundings, the once that used to be the dull walls of this house now full of colors. After the war, Harry moved in with his godfather and Remus. Not going back to Dursley's was surely a gift but he won't lie and say that he doesn't miss them a bit, at least Dudley.

They didn't part on a good note, but for the first time Dudley thanked him, when he last saw them, and even though that wasn't enough to destroy all the hatred, it eased him. There is no doubt that Harry and Dudley would go back to their old selves when they meet again, but the chubby boy was still his cousin. Not Vernon though, he truly hated the man, more than anyone or anything in this world. Eh, Maybe not Umbridge.

Harry felt so weird, living in Grimmauld place felt weird, not being locked behind so many locks, not being made to do the chores, and finally having a family that was truly his, felt weird. Blood is thicker than water but love is thicker than anything they say. And it's true. Though having Sirius as a guardian felt weirder, he was a Black nevertheless and a crack one at that, Remus had said it was the dark artefacts that Sirius was around as a child that has taken it's toll, Sirius had argued and said that Remus has been sniffing some potions, Remus calmly banged his head on the table.

If it wasn't for Remus, he would have lost his mind. He smiled softly thinking about Remus and Sirius together, they really were so happy, finally after all these years, they could be together without death hanging over them.

The thought of death brought a bitter taste to his mouth, all those people who died in the war because of him, and some who he couldn't save, like Crabbe. If he could have been fast enough, and took actions when the fiendfyre just started, he could have saved him. He hung his head tracing random lines on his red sheets.

Hermione and all the Weasley's have sent him owls about how he was holding up but he couldn't help but give curt replies.
He knew he was hurting them but he just couldn't help it, when he say Fred's lifeless body he thought he was dead and for a second he felt his life leave him too, he became so numb and his eyes became heavy if anyone wouldn't have told him that Fred is alive, unconscious and heavily hurt yes but alive he would have lost himself. Also the fight with Mrs. Weasley was not the most pleasant thing that happened to him.

He couldn't imagine the twins not being together, it just doesn't sit right. The pranksters, the idiots carrying on the Marauders legacy are not meant to be separated. The thought of twins separating had made his head spin.

His mind then drifted to Wizengamot, how he testified, or more like yelled and threatened at the jury against punishing the Malfoys. Malfoy had saved his life at the Manor and tossed him the wand in the war and Mrs. Malfoy had saved his life in the battlefield, lying to Voldemort's face. Mr. Malfoy tried to save him during the second year by sending manipulating Dobby in the second year. Why else would Lucius call in the elf in his study to clean his shelves in between of his meetings, when he had never let the elf enter it.

He had seen the look of horror on the face of Lucius Malfoy when after the Triwizard tournament Voldemort had come back. He'd seen how for a moment even the Dark Lord had questioned his allegiance. There was always one thing clear with the Malfoys that they would go to any length for their family. Even though Harry was not sure at the moment to testify in favor of Lucius Malfoy, he'd seen the look of how broken Draco Malfoy looked at the thought of loosing his father, he knew Draco Malfoy adored his father, and he first hand felt what loosing family meant. The younger was left out for being underage while both the parents were under a year's house arrest and that's only what he could get them.

He saw how the mask of Mrs. Malfoy broke when they were exempted from Azkaban and how she'd crying wrapped him in a hug and somehow her motherly warmth that was enough of a thanks to him. Though he still didn't understand why she was tried, she didn't even have a mark. He'd seen how even Lucius had tears in his eyes and shook his hand while Draco was so shocked and numb, Harry, for a moment thought he was petrified. He'd left Draco Malfoy with a pat on the back and apparated.