Sigil Of Azkaban

Harry stood there awkwardly, staring at the flames in the fireplace as uncomfortable silence cut through them. He was hoping that Draco had heard him, but as the time went on he wasn't too sure about it, either Draco Malfoy was zoned or was deliberately ignoring him. If he was ignoring him he choose the wrong person for it. Harry was a really stubborn person and Malfoy should know that. He had fought with him long enough for him to know that.

Draco just sat on the bed, studying the pattern the light of fire casted on the sheets. How could he admit about everything? He was a Malfoy, he had a pride to uphold to. Telling Potter about everything would show him as anything but weak. Harry as if sensing Draco's inner turmoil of thoughts spoke up. "There is no one who will be listening to you Malfoy, just me. You never know, maybe I can help." He said in a soft voice.

Draco believed him, he had nothing else to lose, everything is already taken away, the worst that can happen is Potter will laugh at him, or start hexing him as well. It doesn't matter now, nothing to lose in the worst case scenario.

"I was being hexed, for being a death eater." He paused. "They despise me that I'm not in Azkaban." It was out. Draco didn't think he could breathe now. Accepting it was suffocating him.

"Does it happen regularly?" Harry whispered sitting in front of the blonde boy.

"Whenever I'm spotted."

"Why don't you defend yourself? You are a strong wizard Draco Malfoy, why don't you do it?"

There was an awkward silence, the tension between them was thick and Harry saw as Draco stiffened.

"I can't." Draco whispered. If Harry was a bit more away he wouldn't have been able to catch it.

"Why?"

"Just because." He shrugged.

"Why? Draco Malfoy, I asked why?" Harry stressed.

"I don't have my wand. My parents don't either." He mumbled. "Whatever. It's not like I don't deserve it anyway." He mumbled very softly under his breath, he wasn't sure Potter heard him and he hoped he didn't.

"Why the fuck don't you have your wand?" Harry asked in a ridiculous tone. Every wizard has a wand, even he has one which refuses to do anything for him other than hexing Ginny and he knows Draco can't do wandless magic, they have never practiced that at school.

Suddenly all thing started to make sense, Draco was never in the Great Hall, he never went to dorms, he vanished after classes. This was not bullying, Draco was being attacked by Lord knows how many students. The combined lessons, they knew Draco didn't have his wand, still, nobody told him even though he was the one vouching for his whole family. The pity glances that Severus gave him. Not being able to do anything for his godson. How Pomfrey seemed to quickly fix him as if she's done it dozens of times. Which she probably has.

"Ministry took it away, they said my parents will not be needing it seeing as they cannot leave the Manor, and if I was in a life-threatening situation my magic will, if I'm lucky, burst through."

"Lucky? That's a whole load of bullshit. And you didn't tell me, because? You and I both know Malfoy I do have an influence over them. Why didn't you come to me? I am vouching for your whole family, why didn't your parents tell me what was happening either. Do they even know what is happening here?" Harry said, his voice laced with anger. Harry was doing everything he could to control his magic and not scream.

Draco let out a heavy sigh. "You saved us from Azkaban, you cannot do anything about the Azkaban that I face out of there." Draco rolled up his sleeve to show him his now faded Dark Mark. "This thing right here is the 'Sigil of Azkaban', I have to face it. And yes, Potter, they do know, I don't like keeping them in the dark. They feel sorry but they cannot do anything, I want to complete my education, so I'll have to endure it. Don't you worry your pretty little mind, I had it coming. I deserve it."