Not A Dream

Previously:

They embraced each other and blinding light surrounded them.

Now:

They both separated from each other's embrace and looked at each other, both still panting slightly. Draco put his hand on Harry's face making Harry lean into the touch he didn't know before he so desperately craved. Harry closed his eyes basking in the warmth of his lover's hands. The warmth he could feel in Draco's thoughts, the love Harry could feel in Draco's emotions. The sheer amount of warmth the grey-eyed boy could provide had Harry shaking and panting.

Draco rubbed his palm on Harry's cheek, stroking his skin with his lean fingers. Pretty Draco thought and he immediately could feel the giddy happiness Harry was feeling. It made him smile as well. Draco's thumb rubbed those delectable lips of Harry. He leaned up to capture them between his own. He couldn't get enough of the sweet taste of the boy laying over him.

Harry was his. The thought seemed so unrealistic, but so right at the same moment. He didn't want him and Harry to ever move. He wanted to be here. With Harry. Forever.

He could feel Harry's affirmation with thoughts as well so he pecked those lips once more making Harry have a lazy smile on his face.

Harry opened his eyes, he pushed himself up to look at Draco's face. His Draco. Those words had a nice ring to it. He felt his fingers getting interlinked with Draco's. Harry turned his head to look at their hands joined together. Draco's skin was very soft under his fingers. He brought the hands to his lips and kissed the back of Draco's.

He looked at their hands again. Tracing a finger across Draco's, trying to map them. Remember them forever. Suddenly Harry gasped and sat up straight. Wincing slightly at the pain he felt in his lower back.

Draco was confused as to why the calm Harry suddenly went rigid. Draco was even more confused as to why his emotions went from, happy to confused to those of longing, guilt, and sadness. He looked up at Harry and saw tears flowing down his eyes, his eyes, fixed on their hands linked together.

"Harry." Draco whispered, breaking the spell of silence that blanketed them since they hadn't said a word after doing the deed.

Harry started to cry harder and Draco sat up clutching Harry to him. Harry said nothing but he had left his mind open so Draco went in.

There he saw it, Harry's dreams. Harry clutching a hand. His hand. Trying to pull Draco out of underneath the bodies. He heard Harry's heart-wrenching cries when he felt Draco slowing going limp.

Draco closed his eyes to stop the tears from falling.

Draco saw this happening again and again. Every time Harry tried something different. It made no difference though. Draco died every time, Harry laid on the ground and floated away from the world with him. Every time giving him a last squeeze. Mumbling the word you over and over again. He saw the images getting more gruesome, he saw his hand, having blood flowing out of his nail beds, the lines of his palm, the finger joints. Everywhere. He saw Harry trying to stop the bleeding, doing everything but losing him every single time.

Draco was crying now, he pulled himself out of Harry's thoughts and clutched him tighter. He kissed Harry on the forehead and rubbed his back.