Finally Here

They heard the familiar sound, a deep grumbling voice. There stands a man twice as tall as the average man and nearly three times as wide, with bushy ebony hair and bushy beard and a very thick West Country accent. He had a lamp bobbing over the heads of the students “Firs’ years! Firs’ years over here!". The Golden Trio waved at Hagrid and he waved back.“C’mon, follow me — any more firs’ years? Mind yer step, now! Firs’ years follow me!” Slipping and stumbling, the first years followed Hagrid. All the older students made their way to the carriages awaiting them.

Following everyone, the thestrals started to come into view. Seeing those thestrals reminded Harry of how many death's he'd seen, the image of the pale hand flashes in front of his eyes. He thought about how most of the students used to be blissfully clueless about it, so many people have seen deaths, dead bodies of their loved ones. How many people are being reminded of the deaths they saw when they see these thestrals? Kids, kids too young to die, too young to lose someone. There were kids standing there looking at these thestrals. They were too young, too innocent to be tainted like this, this was not something anyone should be experiencing if Harry could have just... but then Eloise spoke up out of nowhere. "Oi! Harry! The Blondie's got a nice ass!" Looking for who she was talking about, a few paces away was Malfoy. Harry turned red as he looked at the kindly pointed out bottom.

"Are you having a crush on him?" He asked her.

She started laughing, "Sure, I'm the one having a crush on him. I am a wand idiot!"

"You were checking out his ass!"

"You did too!" Harry turned even more embarrassed at this statement.

"Shut up." Harry said in Parseltongue. Making a few people turn to him, seeing him red and glaring and speaking to his wand in his pocket they quickly turned back. They all assumed the wizarding hero had taken a couple too many hexes to his head and had finally lost it. He kinda has though, but that might have something to do with Sirius Black.

"Hot." his wand said laughing at him. And Harry regretted getting a wand, thinking he was better without one.

They finally reached the school and Harry's embarrassment lessened a bit. Honestly, he was glad other people couldn't hear her humming, she's horrible.

They made their way into the school and say that Professor Snape and Headmistress McGonagall were standing at the end of the hallway chatting up. He excused himself from his friends and made his way down the hall. After halfway through, he broke out in run towards them. "Minnie! Sevy! Help me!" He launched himself on both of them making all three of them land on the floor with a thud. The teachers groaned and picked themselves up along with Harry.

"What happened now, Mr. Potter, would you kindly like to tell us, or shall we await for your another launch?" Severus drawled in his deep monotone. Ah same old, same old.

"I missed you too, Sevy," Harry replied grinning and saw as Severus's mouth twitched.

Severus and Harry had made up afterward. When Severus was busy healing and Harry was busy dying they forgave each other in that time span. After the war, both had apologized to each other and they started talking a bit. Well, Severus had insulted him more than apologizing, he was fine with it though. When it was time to go, Harry gave the older man some peace and quiet because he deserved it.

The man had been putting his life in danger for his best-friend and best friend's son for ages. He deserved to be at peace and given time to think about everything. Even after their friendship broke Severus had loved his mother and he couldn't have asked for anything else. Severus had always been on the sidelines to help her when she falls and this just proved what a wonderful man he was.