🔷 7 - Fight 🔷

[Air's POV]

One year later...

Everything seemed still pretty fine though. We were just simply living normally like we used to. Just bonding and all happily with my family.

It was a very fun experience. Even though we're just living in a simple way, not that rich, nor poor, just a balance kind of living, we were happy. We didn't care about anything at all since we thought our life was already perfect.

That's when until...

... our family's relationship suddenly got crumbled down into pieces.

'I wish it will always just stay like this forever.'

Yeah, I remember saying this line before, and I was still hoping that time. But then, I regretted it. It felt like that line got hit me hard painfully in the chest.

Everything got ruined, everything has fallen apart, and everything has ended.

All has ended, because of that one unexpected event that took place...

<> <=> <>

I was silently reading my book on my bed, just having some time for myself. My little brother was on his room, sleeping peacefully. Everything was okay until, I heard a loud crash coming from downstairs.

Confused and shocked at the same time, I closed my book and decided to go downstairs to see what just happened. As I was halfway from the stairs, I heard my Mom and Dad... arguing?

"WHO WAS THAT, HUH!?" My Mom exclaimed, as she glared at Dad with her teeth gritted angrily.

"Honey, please, I—"

"DON'T YOU 'HONEY', 'HONEY' ME! ANSWER ME!"

Worried, I went downstairs and quietly watched all the commotion happening. I was just standing a few feet away from my parents, as I felt my whole body trembling in fear. I'd never seen my parents fight like this...

"DO YOU STILL LOVE ME!? WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS!? OUR FAMILY!?"

There was a long pause from my father. Few seconds later, he replied. "... Yes, I still love you. All of you..."

"IF YOU STILL LOVE US AS A FAMILY, THEN WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE US ALL OF THE SUDDEN!?" My Mom yelled grudgingly, tears started streaming down her face. "YOU JUST REPLACED US BECAUSE OF THAT WOMAN! THAT ONE WOMAN! ARE WE NOT ENOUGH!? ARE WE NOT ENOUGH AS A HAPPY AND COMPLETE FAMILY!?"

I felt a tear escaped from my eyes. Is my family falling apart? Why all of the sudden? We were already happy the way we are, the way we live. Just... why?

"Mommy? Daddy? Why are you guys fighting?" Surprised, I turned my head to the staircase to see my little brother, staring at our parents with a worried look plastered on his face.

The moment Angin asked, our parents glanced at us and was slightly surprised to see us just standing a few distance away from them.

My Dad deeply sighed, then looked at us with a pleading look. "Air, please go to your room with your little brother..." He stated.

I didn't say a word as I quickly obeyed my Dad's request, taking Angin with me as we went up to my room.

<> <=> <>

"Big brother Air...?" My little brother called, making me glance at him. As I turned to look at him, I saw his gloomy face, with tears started forming from his eyes.

My heart dropped after I saw his colorless expression. I hated seeing him sad. But, it couldn't be helped, could it?

"Yeah?" I calmly questioned.

"Why Mom and Dad are fighting?" He asked. "Is it because of us? Or, is it because of me?" He added, his lips quivering as he tried to hold back his tears.

I quickly shook my head, declining his question and immediately hugged him. "No, it's not." I softly said, soothing my younger brother. "I'm sure something just happened. I'm not sure either but, I know it's not because of us, nor you." I added, lightly sighing afterwards.

Suddenly, we heard the main door slamming shut loudly, making both me and my little brother startled from the sound. Then, we heard the engine of a car starting up, causing us to swiftly look out through the window.

When we gazed out through the window, we saw Dad, on his car, ready to drive away. But before he left, he glanced at us through the window of his car, staring at both me and my little brother and gave us a sad, genuine smile. After that, he drove away, and never came back.

Angin cried as he called out to Dad, his small hand banging on the closed window. I hugged my little brother from behind, restraining and pulling him away from the window while I sobbed softly.

<> <=> <>

And... that's it...

... Dad's gone.

Because of that one fight that happened, everything changed...

Our family will never be the same.