🔷 28 - My Source of Happiness 🔷

(WARNING ⚠️: Contains PURE ANGST. Please read this at your own risk.)

====================================

By the time the school bell rang— which indicates that it's time for the students to be dismissed from their respective classes, Air immediately grabbed his backpack and rushed towards the exit of his classroom, being ahead of his classmates for the first time.

As soon as he reached the main door and left the school building, Air gave out all his energy to run back to his house just to make sure his little brother doesn't do anything to himself while he was away.

Unfortunately, it was still raining severely, with his school uniform started to soak wet from the raindrops. But, Air didn't care about it at all as he kept sprinting towards his house. How dumb of him that he'd actually forget to use his own powers to help himself from the rain.

But since he was in a hurry and was thinking about his little brother too much, he made a sacrifice instead.

He was already panting heavily since he's not used to any physical activities. But, this is his young brother, and he'll do anything for his sake, everything, to make sure that he is alright.

When he finally got back home, he immediately slammed the door open as he entered, closing it afterwards and took off his school shoes. He then made his way upstairs, throwing his backpack to his room as he passed by it.

But he saw something from the corner of his eye when he passed by his room, which made him halted from running. He slowly went back to his room and spotted something that was placed on his bed.

Curiously, he entered his room to see that object more clearly. When he finally got closer to it, his heart sunk when he realized, it was his stuffed toy, Whaley, and next to it, was a piece of paper, with a small note written on it.

Carefully, he took the paper and stared at it. He felt his heart dropped when he read the note, causing his eyes to form warm tears.

"I don't need Whaley anymore. Your choice if you want to keep him or not. If not, you can just rip him off into pieces then throw him away on the waste until its color faded. Just like what you did to my heart, to my smile, and to my happiness."

-Angin

Air hadn't noticed that he'd already let go of the paper, as tears started to stream down his face. He'd never felt so ashamed of himself. How could he be so inconsiderate and hard-hearted to his own little brother's feelings?

He wanted to make this right. He wanted Angin to know that he's truly the big brother he's been looking and waiting for so long. He wanted him to know, that he finally changed for the better.

In no time, Air swiftly made his way out of his room and went towards his little brother's room, slowly and gently opening his door afterwards.

But the moment he opened the door, he was surprised to see that his younger brother's room so dark, and thought that he might haven't switched on the lights. The dim light from outside's the only one illuminating the sombre room of his little brother.

What made Air's heart twinge was, seeing his little brother sulking on the corner, looking so depressed and dispirited.

He hesitantly approached him, wanting to comfort him so bad, but he was the one at fault, who made his little brother in this condition. Since, he was too eager to get his attention, he softly called him.