ten

306 days until i see harry

i do not want to wait that long

✩︎

HANA

The activity set up just before dinner is filled with egg and spoon races, skipping rope contests (which I excel in, and win) and three-legged runs. The evening heat beats heavily down on our skin, the welcomed burn of a tan soothed by the cool breeze.

Harry and I do fantastically in our three-legged race, outrunning a pair of fourteen-year-old girls by a million miles, high fiving and eventually ending up tripping over each other's feet and tumbling to the floor in a heap of giggles once we had won. Amy doesn't appear too happy at our close proximity and joy caused by one another, surprisingly enough.

"Fuck, I'm eating like five plates tonight," he complains as we make our way to the dining hall, the delicious scent of burgers wafting out of the wide entrance, making our hungry mouths water even more.

Harry didn't lie when he said he was going to eat a lot. He's currently devouring his fourth burger and looks as if he has no intention of stopping, his eyes rolling to the back of his head and practically moaning when he takes a bite filled with gooey cheese. I had stopped after two and a half, feeling physically unable to eat anymore.

"I can't eat anymore," Harry looks positively sick as he slowly chews the last bite of his burger, struggling to swallow it, "I'll pass out."

"I think Hana's already past that," Ella observes, referring to my forehead resting on the tabletop and my eyes closed from the bliss of good food and a full stomach.

I lift my hand from Harry's underneath the table, his fingers tapping and rubbing circles onto my leg lightly, and flip her off, which I know she returns easily without even looking at her.

Ella, Taylor and Nadia soon get sucked into a heated conversation about the best boyband, Ella arguing for Take That, claiming they're 'an under-appreciated classic' whilst Taylor scoffs that they're under-appreciated for a reason, proclaiming that Boyz II Men were much superior. Nadia rolls her eyes at this and declares that they're both missing the obvious, The Backstreet Boys. In the middle of their hectic bickering, Harry subtly lowering his lips to my ear, "wait five minutes and come outside," he gives one final squeeze to my leg before disappearing outside himself.

My foot bounces against the floor relentlessly, worry of suspicions being raised by Harry and I going outside within minutes of each other. However, none of them barely pay any attention as I snake out from the bench, their argument thankfully distracting them.

"Harry?" he's nowhere to be seen as I peer around the door, looking both ways and then whacking him in the chest when he jumps out with a yell and scares me.

"Shh," he presses a finger to his lips with a small laugh and guides me to the side of the dining hall, following round to the back. I try to speak but he silences me, "just be quiet, Cherry."

We're giggling and tripping over our feet, unable to look away from each other, only breaking the eye contact when he kisses me, his hands holding my face firmly; the intensity of it makes me lightheaded.

"Dragged me out here just for this, pig," I tease, Harry just smiling fondly and pressing his lips back against mine.

"Don't act as if you don't love it."