forty three

HANA

"Fuck, I love you," he whispers delicately, almost unsure if this is reality or a dream, as am I.

There's no way this absolutely perfect boy loves me.

"I love you," I smile softly, tears falling freely and thumb tracing his trembling lip, moving to his flushed cheeks. I'm vaguely aware of how cheesy we're being right now, but I think we're trying to process, or I am, at least.

"I'm so in love with you, Cherry."

"I love you, I always have." We're talking over each other but neither of us seem to mind as we repeat it again and again, the sound of those words coming from his lips one that will never tire.

"Just so you know, Kimi and Penny are coming back soon!" I hear Ella warn us before the bathroom door swings open, her mouth opening in confusion at the admittedly strange scene in front of her; Harry in just his jeans with his hair still tied up and tears streaming down his face while I'm still in his sweatpants and the shirt he'd worn here this morning, my hair dishevelled and face red from crying, random beauty items scattered across the room.

"I love her," he blurts out, Ella just furrowing her brows and nodding as if she had a clue what's happening before shutting the door and leaving us alone again. "I love you," he repeats with a fond smile, beginning to comprehend the whole thing.

"You're precious," I smile in admiration, Harry burying his face into my stomach and rubbing his hair against my bare skin ticklishly.

"I'm not precious, I'm a man."

"You're my man," I add, pulling the scrunchie from his hair and running my fingers through the messy curls, "they're coming back soon, you should go." He pinches the soft fabric from my hand, sliding it onto the wrist of the arm uncovered by tattoos and bracelets.

"Don't want to," he complains, biting the side of my stomach lightly.

"Harry Edward, sort yourself out," I order bossily, letting him clean up all the mess we had made while I watch, sat comfortably on the counter still.

"Thanks for the help, yeah," he states sarcastically, picking up the tampon from the floor and chucking it at me carelessly, then, unfortunately, pulling on his shirt that he had insisted on taking from me, although I'm pretty sure he just wanted to see me in my underwear.

"Go and get my clothes, thanks, love you," I grin, knowing he wouldn't be able to say no, which, he doesn't, of course. Although, he does leave the room with a sigh and his footsteps sound much like they do when he's having a tantrum.

"Do I have to go?" he pouts, trying to persuade me to let him stay, and probably jack him off again so he could fix his fragile masculinity from coming in less than a minute, which I take as a flattering compliment.

"Would you like to be caught?" he rolls his eyes, yelping and sending me a dirty look when I kick his ass with the side of my foot and tell him to get out, "see you at lunch."

Ella interrogates me on everything that had happened whilst she was gone, being weirdly secretive about where exactly she had been until I finally get her to admit she'd been with Adriana - and kissed her again, which we're both understandably very excited about.

Eventually, it rolls around to lunchtime, Harry practically bouncing into the room, immediately taking his usual seat next to me and moving to kiss me before his brain switches and he remembers. He simply whispers, "I love you." Soon, he zooms off and takes a seat at the other end of the room, just as Carl arrives.

"We've set up some activities in the lake, Kenny will talk you through the different ones. Dinner is at six!" he announces, everyone chattering excitedly and Harry letting his head fall to the table. I slip him a bottle of his favourite orange juice and a bowl of fries, a packet of tomato sauce on the side, on my way to get my lunch.