CHAPTER 9:

"Listen, I was wrong," He said to me. He was playing with his finger and sweating a little like he was in trouble.

"About what dad." I was confused. Feeling dizzy a bit.

"What... what I taught you, I talk down on Reagan and made you feel bad for her because I didn't want you to turn out like her and not that it's bad to get pregnant, and I love Rosalie with all my heart and would kill anyone who would want to hurt her, but I thought you were better than that," he started tearing up, "You were doing great in school and you really loved Reagan you'd follow her around like she followed you around and you did everything together and I didn't want you both getting pregnant."

"Dad, we're not the same person." I shook my head at him.

"I understand that but to me, you both were my little girls and when I found out what she had done... with that boy." He took a second to breathe i shook my head to let him know I understood while looking down.

"I'm truly sorry, but you're the one who needs to apologize to the family for what you did babe," He said to me, I felt the tears start forming, remembering what I had done to them.

"I know."

"But heard you were a ball of fire, to be reckoned with." He smiled wiping my oncoming tears away, He stood up and took my hand leading me out of the dining room we were in.

When we turned the corner the whole family was waiting, well except for Olly and Naomi. The boys were here playing along with rose but not them. I stop dad before we get in hearing the distance from the family. I whisper, "Where's Olly."

"I'm handling that." He smiled and started walking again. We stopped and everyone stared at me like I had killed the family pride. You could hear a pin fall through the air and drop on the cold hardwood floor.

"I'm extremely sorry about what I did." I stopped here because I didn't wanna try and add more just in case I was going to add more comments that aren't needed at the moment. Like 'well actually it was your fault for starting it,' and 'you all know how I am and you know what I can do.'

But I kept my mouth shut to get through this tough situation we all put ourselves in. As I look over and see the kids playing, I remember when we were kids and it was an easier time. We didn't have to worry about bills, and jobs, having kids, and finding love because we already had enough love from our parents and aunts and uncles.

Everyone smiled and gave me a giant hug that I really needed. Because when mom was about to stop the big group hug I bawled out in tears. I honestly can't believe Mateo would do this to me. It was like I was lying to him.

"Oh baby, what's wrong," She asked, holding my face with her warm hands as dad sent everyone else away. I couldn't handle myself. I just wanted to die. And it's not even about Mateo anymore. I'm just sad.

"Lily, have you been taking your medication.'' She asked me to try to keep me together. I fall to the floor from exhaustion of all the emotions flooding my body. I don't know if I'm sad or mad.

"Did you take your medication baby?" She asked again with a firm voice bringing me back somewhat. I shook my head freaking out for no reason. "Dam, she hasn't been taking her medication."

She held me on the floor rocking back and forth as a rush of feelings came on and off me scaring me. Dad ran away and started yelling. Which didn't make it any better for me? I didn't know if I should cry or scream. Then a flash of calm hit me. The lost tears fell down my cheek and my mom looked down at me. "Lily, are you okay."

I didn't answer. I didn't know what to say. I was just tired. You know. Just tired of being tired. I don't wanna be like this anymore. I don't wanna feel this way anymore. I shouldn't have to take pills to be normal. I shouldn't have to take medication to be sane. I shouldn't have to be drugged down to be someone I'm not. Someone who everyone else can handle. I just wanna be like everyone else. Normal.

"Lily, come on, let's go to bed okay?" She asked me. Dad grabbed me and carried me bridal style all the way to their bedroom. Dad gently put me down and put the blanket over me.

"Lily, can you tell me who you were with... so I can kill him." Dad asked me as I turned to face him. Just then mom came in with a bottle of water and of course my medication I haven't taken in the past five days. "Lily, are you gonna tell me."

"Damian leave her alone." She scolded him as he pouted like a child. She sat on the bed next to me smiling and rubbing my cheek like she did when I fought with Lyle, or Olly as everyone else calls him. She put the pills in front of me and tried to hand me the water but I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I wanted to cry and scream at the same time. I can't believe I fell in love with him, and he kicked me out. He got so mad he kicked me out. I kind of loved him a lot. He made me feel important. He made me think the American dream was real. Like perfection with love was an option for me. I thought I found someone who could love me more than I did. When will I find that?

You know what? I don't need him. I'll just find love elsewhere. I'll just wait for the right person to come and love them unconditionally. And they'll love me the same way back. Maybe even more.

Guaranteed!

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Word count >1040
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Like • comment • Follow