CHAPTER 16:

"You are so cute." She told him for the tenth time tonight. He was practically blushing with all the compliments. He was on cloud nine whenever she kissed him on the cheek.

"It's way past your bedtime Uriah." I explained and he started to cry. Paris picked him and rocked him back and forth giving me the stink eye, "What."

"It's Friday night, Can't you cut him some slack." she said putting him down and letting him run off with her Ipad.

"No, he's still four Par." I told her. She looked at me and smiled.

"So?" She answered as I scooted back on the couch. She pulled her phone out and showed me her amazon cart. She had a bunch of baby stuff like diapers, and clothes which scared me.

"Paris, is that for me?" I asked about to kill her. She better not be pregnant.

"Yep, so boy or girl." She smiled at me.

"If I don't even know, how am I suppose to tell you."

"What?" She asked, confused.

"I told my doctor I don't wanna know." I admitted to her.

"We're doing a gender reveal, it's so popular nowadays." She smiled and I shook my head, "Oh, that's cute, you think I was asking."

She laughed and walked straight to the kitchen. "I'm gonna be stuck at a gender reveal with people staring at me because i'm pregnant and i don't want that." I said following her.

She was getting a pear out of the fridge and a knife out of the drawer.

"Why would I invite anyone who would talk crap about you Lily." She asked. She looked disappointed with me.

"I'm sorry, but you don't understand the stress i'm under already." I said, sitting as she handed me a slice of the pear. I bite a piece off waiting for her next comment.

"Lily, trust me." She smiled at me biting her piece. She came around and sat next to me waiting for me now to approve the claim she made.

"Let me think about, I have a lot to do," I reminded her, "I have to find a new house, figure out what to do with Uriah, and I don't know where my new intern is coming from."

"William's leaving." She asked sad.

"Paris, your 19, he's 24."

"You keep treating me like a child." She pouted like Uriah slouching in her chair. She is a child still just to clarify if anyone was confused. She thinks she's grown because she's in her second year of college.

"Paris, I have a question for you." I said slowly, trying to rethink my options. Do I really wanna ask her this?

"Yep, what's up." She said, getting up to put the knife in the sink and throw away the pieces of the pear she didn't want.

"Since you're going to graduate early from college and come to work for my company, would you like to live with me at my new house... when I get it." She immediately turned around with her mouth open in shock.

"You want me to live with you, and the baby, and Uriah." She stated back to me, I slowly nodded. She is my best friend and I can't imagine fighting with her again. She's going to work with me in a year anyways.

"You would have to finish college before, and help me with the baby." I reminded her.

"OMG yes." She yelled, scaring me and jumping up and down. See, still a child, I thought as I smiled at my best friend's enthusiasm.

"Now, go take him to sleep." I said as she went to my room to look for Uriah. Aunt K please get better. I have no idea of how Cancer works but all I know is that she better be ok. Uriah won't be able to be like other kids if every guardian he knows keeps dying.