CHAPTER 13:

"Lily calm down." Aunt Callie said on the phone. Naomi had to help me to the car and call aunt Callie because I bursted into chaotic tears. I think my chest is caving in on me.

"Lily, you want me to drive you to her house or home." Naomi asked and I pointed to the phone to say I wanted my aunt Callie. You've got to be kidding me. What will my mom say?

What will my dad say?

"Okay, keep talking to her aunt Callie." Naomi said pulling off driving my car because of the state I was in.

Now I might have to adopt a little boy whose family doesn't want him because he was adopted and not biological and then I'm pregnant with Mateo's child.

God, are you trying to test me. Are trying to Tell me something because I promise I would have listened if you left a puppy at my doorstep, or sent me a letter from heaven. But this is crazy. This is not supposed to happen to me. I had my life all planned out perfectly.

I was going to get married and then maybe have a kid if I felt like it. No I lied, I didn't want kids. I'm not making this any better.

"Lily, you good." Naomi asked, trying to concentrate on the road and help me calm down.

"No." I said honestly. I think my life is a joke now. She turned the corner and I remember that I didn't wanna see Miracle.

"I don't wanna go to her house." I said forgetting aunt Callie was still on the phone.

"Why not." She asked confusedly on the other line as we pulled into her driveway. Aunt Callie immediately ran out the house and opened my door to hug me.

"Where's Miracle." I asked her, still hugging.

"Oh I sent her to go get you some chocolate squares from the store." She said letting go of me, smiling, "Naomi, come look at the clothes I got for Esme."

"Umm, who's Esme." I was confused. Aunt Callie looked past me and back at me before letting Naomi answer.

"The baby girl in my stomach." She said rubbing it. She never told us they had picked a name out.

"Esme is soo cute." I told them. I was surprised. How did Aunt Callie know. Well she finds everything out. She holds all the secrets in the family. Compared to her I know nothing.

As we make our way in the house I see pictures of Miracle everywhere. Places where all my pictures were before. Aunt Callie smiled at me as I stayed quiet. Seeing Miracle will take me back to the crash and I don't want that. No one but me and my therapist know about what causes my PTSD. I don't take medication for it because I already take SSRI's for my Cyclothymic disorder. I can't take a lot of stress.

And Miracle is stress.

She sits me down and hugs me again. "Lily, you're going to be alright." She smiled which made my heart warm up. Naomi was on the other side of me as I realized Miracle could be here any minute.

"I have to go." I said getting up. They both looked at me like I was crazy. Then Aunt Callie stood up and held my hand, "I'm ready to leave."

My tears started streaming down my face at the fear of being in the same room as Miracle. I felt panic and me just sitting here waiting for her to come just makes no sense to me. Why sit and wait for your worst nightmare to show up when you have ways of escaping the fear?

"Lily tell me what's wrong." She said letting my hand go and rubbing my face. Just tell her. Even if she is her mom, she's here for you too. Just tell before it goes too far.

"I have PTSD." I answered, "I'm sorry."

"Lily what are you talking about, what's PTSD exactly." She questioned looking hurt.