CHAPTER 20:

1 Month Later

Thank god Aunt k let me take him and Doctor Khzir says she might even make it past her date she predicted if she keeps taking it easy.

Sitting her at the airport with Uriah reminds me about when i was little and mom would take us on little trips to the beach. I was only 7 but i still remember how i got lost and a nice family got me and took care of me until my mom found me with them.

They were so nice. It was two boys and three girls. I remember the boy who just hugged me the whole time singing to me in spanish. It was so scary at first but they treated me like I was their own. The dad spoke to me in english which helped a lot. He helped me call my mom and got me back to her in a short amount of time.

"Pick your bookbag up Uriah, the plane is ready for us." I smiled at him. He pops up and grabs it, almost spilling his juice all over the airport floor.

He's been so excited to go with me. He's been getting really comfortable with me too. He almost called me mommy which scared me but then turned into disappointment because I'm waiting for it now. I'll just give him the time he needs.

I took his hand and walked him to the door where the woman helped me out the building and to the family plane which was waiting outside for us.

"It's big." Uriah said, pointing at it with the hand I wasn't holding. I smiled as he admired the plane we were about to get on and then lost it remembering that Paris couldn't come because of college and work.

"Let's walk up the steps okay?" i speak having him go first so i can watch him and help. When we finally get to the top and in the plane Uriah's eyes light up at the toy's i planted on the plane for him. I know he could only fit his ipad and two toys in his mini bookbag so i got him six more.

He immediately ran over to the toys and started to rip them open. Wait until he finds out I got chocolate cake for dessert. 8 hours on a plane is going to be hard for a four year old. He's going to get restless and annoyed but i hope this will help out.

I'm kinda happy I didn't let him take his daily naps yesterday so he's either sleep for most of the flight because of how tired he is or be up the whole time from excitement.

"Ms. Harding, we'll be leaving in about ten minutes." The flight attendant smiled and walked away. I sat down and put my purse next to me as Uriah came up to me and put his brand new toy in my face smiling.

"Do you like it?" I asked him. He nodded and sat down in the seat next to me. He was so cute. He looks nothing like me but I feel like he's my son. I just wanna protect him with everything I got.

As he attempted to take his bookbag off i pull the window shade up and see that we were still in the same place. I'm so scared to leave and go see Mateo but at the same time i'm confident in my feelings for him and my hope that we'll be fine.

"Miss lily, will we go up." he asked, climbing over me trying to see out the window. I nodded and he cheered.

I put him on my lap and hugged him from behind as he admired the worker putting our luggage in the bottom of the plane. Then I get a call and see it's from Enzo.

I hesitate before pressing accept but finally do on the third ring. It was silent for a second but he eventually said something to break the silence.

"Hey lily, i just wanted to see how you were doing and to say sorry." he would always call first to end a feud. We could never go too long being mad at Enzo because as little bubba he would apologize very quickly. It's just who he is.

"Hey, no i'm sorry." I said, being completely honest, "Me and Uriah are doing great."

"Good, I heard you were pregnant too."

"Yep, five months to be specific." i chuckle as Uriah jumps off my lap and run to the his toys again.

"Well that's great." it was getting awkward.

"So... oh how is your mother." i said putting my hand on my cheek leaning over to rest my elbow on my thigh.

"Oh she's fine, apparently she had me when she was 16 and my father was 18," he said, "he died and she knew she couldn't take care of me and that's when she took me to a shelter and made sure i got adopted before she left."

"Wow she must of been heart broken." i smile softly not knowing any other facial to use for this topic.

"Yeah, she ended up having two more kids after me and when they came back home from school they were so excited to see me and they were really cool." i'm happy he's happy.

"Well that good, you have other siblings." I said , feeling a bit replaced. Just a little though.

"Yes, Alma is five years younger than me, and Daniela is Six years younger," he said, "Since Alma's and Dani are still minors I was thinking of becoming their legal guardian and bringing them to america for school and college."

"What about your mother." I questioned.

"She said she wouldn't leave for anything, I even offered to get her a new home and she said no." he was a good son. Uriah better treat me well when i'm old and wearing a diaper.

"Well i hope i get to meet them all." I smiled and looked at Uriah thinking of something.

"You definitely will, okay see you when you get back hopefully." he said as i hung up.

"Uriah, baby come here." i said as he ran back over and looked at me, "Don't ever put me in an Old folks home ok?"

"A what." he question tilting his head.

"Nothing, just remember what i said so i have proof i told you." i smile as he smiles.

"Ms. Harding, we're about to take off, could you please put your seat belts on and get ready for flight." she said smiling at an excited Uriah. He was low on sleep and i was high on energy. Let's see how this goes.

Just after a minute or two the plane started to move backwards and before i knew if we were on the runway and the plane was going exceedingly fast and Uriah was having none of it. He was about to cry from the speed of the plane and the way it made him feel. I rubbed his stomach and held him as close as possible from his seat.

"It's ok." i told him, "we're almost up."

As soon as we felt the plane lift off the ground he freaked out. I thought he was excited to go 'up' and now he's having a full blown panic attack.

"Mommy!" he was scared and I immediately unbuckle him and put him on my lap and cuddled him as he cried. He called me mommy. He was crying and screaming bloody Mary but he did it though.

Oh i'm so happy now. Lily pays attention to the child.

"Hey, look we're high up now." I said put him near the window when he wasn't screaming anymore. He looked out the window and helping me wipe his eyes, "you're gonna be such a strong and brave boy."

He snuggled into me more and eventually fell asleep. I put him down on the couch as soon as the flight attendant told me i could get up and walk around.

"Please sleep for at least five hours." i begged him as he slept chest down on the sofa. I'm so happy he's coming with me. I'm so happy Mateo is in love with him too. Hopefully he'll love Mateo too.

Maybe i'll even get to do some work. Let's do that.

I sit back down and open my laptop and check emails from my girls and how Jessica and Hannah thinks it's unfair that their candidates did even get a second glance. But there was one from Capri thank me for my option and for my brilliant mind. No joke she put that.

"Ms.Harding would you like something to drink or eat."

"A cranberry-sprite please." I smiled and she left. This is gonna be a long flight but as long as Uriah is asleep and I have my work I'll probably be fine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Word count >1491
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Like • comment • Follow