CHATPER 25:

"Mateo I will buy you a red shirt." I told him siting on the bed with Uriah tucked under my arm on his Ipad.

"No, I swear I had a red shirt babe." He was tearing his closet up looking for a red shirt that I could get him in america for like 10 bucks. The plane is set to leave at 9pm and it's 7:45. The airport is a hour and a half away and he's not ready.

"Uriah, did you pack all your toys that your taking?" I asked him as he nodded, "Mateo your the only one whose suitcases aren't in the car."

He stopped destroying his closet and just looked at me with sad eyes. I got up and walked over to him to see what was really wrong.

"I need to find my shirt Lily." He reminded me as I nodded my head smiling. I walked in the closet stepping on clothes and shoes on the way in. I open a few drawers.

I knew he'd never look in and find his precious red shirt he was looking for. I gave it to him as his face lit up. He hugged me and the whole packing idea became a reality for him.

He was done in twenty minutes with the little bit he had left to do, that I didn't do for him while he was having his freak out session. At about 8:10 we were in the car ready to leave for the airport. Uriah was all set with toys and his ipad.

When i got a call from my mom i thought it was because she was so excited to see me because i had been gone for almost two months by now, but it wasn't a topic i'd ever thought i could hear.

"Lily, i'm so sorry," she cried out causing me to regret answering the phone, "she's gone lily."

Mateo rubbed my back as the tear started to flow out my eyes. I was coming home today. She couldn't have waited a few more hours. I tried wiping them away while looking out the window.

"Was she comfortable?" I asked.

"Yes, it didn't hurt at all," my mom was trying to talk and cry at the same time which caused my dad to take the phone from her. I couldn't imagine losing my best friend. If i lost Paris that early on i would break down like her now. I wasn't alive to see how my mom was when her parents died but when every year on the anniversary of their deaths I get a little promo of how she was. She lost them in a car crash and I couldn't imagine it.

Now she loses her best friend. It makes my heart fall every time a memory of her comes to mind. It's just so unrealistic. Just sit and imagine your side kick, your other half, the other you just disappearing. Your best friend just died. How do you handle that. Do you cry or sob? Do you relive the good memories over and over again, or do you try and forget you knew them to get rid of the pain.

"Do you want me to pull over?" Mateo asked, never took his hand off of my back. I shook my head remembering Uriah was in the back seat. I tried to cover my mouth to quiet down so he wouldn't know what was happening. I tried and failed.

"What's wrong mommy." He asked. I felt a little dizzy when I closed my eyes which didn't help the situation at all.

"Uriah your Aunt Kinley loved you so much, ok." I said turning around wiping my tears away looking at him.

"Yeah, i'm gonna show her my toys." When he said that i turned around and faced Mateo who gave me a 'im sorry' face.

"Uriah, Aunt Kinley isn't home ok, she went to heaven with your other mommy." I said trying to find a good way to explain to him.

"But how do do I see her." He said pouting about to cry. I couldn't help him, all I could do was turn back around and try to calm down.

"Hey bud, you know she's looking at you right now with your mommy." He said looking at Uriah through his rear view mirror.

"She's not coming back." He bawled out crying. I finally calmed down looking to see my dad had hanged up on me probably hearing me try to explain this to Uriah, "Your gonna leave too."

"Oh never, i'm here to stay Uriah, i'm your mommy and this mommy won't leave you okay." I said letting the tears run down my cheek as I looked at the crying boy in the back seat. I wiped his tears away and sat back in my seat with Mateos hand on my back still.

"Good job mommy." Mateo whispered to me. I smiled at him and he wiped my tears away like I did Uriah's.

Aunt K if you can hear me up there, I love you and you were the best aunt and friend I could ever ask for. I sent you through hell and back but I know you like it. You made me a stronger person... no a stronger woman. You made me a strong Lily.

i'm gonna miss you like no other. Thank you for everything, thank you for giving me Uriah. Thank you for giving me a chance to be his mommy. I understand now what it means to have someone who loves you for everything. Your words didn't go unknown, your words won't be forgotten.

I'll always remember the memories we made and the ideas we came up with. I hate that I wasn't there with you before you left. Mom is going to have a harder time than anyone and I couldn't imagine being her and being as strong minded as her and I know you helped with that. You prepared her for this. Thank you for preparing all of us for life.

Thank you for being you.

Once we got to the airport and on the plane Uriah was tired from crying, I was tired of crying, and Mateo was tired from watching us cry. Everyone was struggling.

The plane was getting ready to leave and Mateo had put uriah down for a nap on the couch. I was trying to calm down but as soon as I tried something else came up. I got a couple missed calls from Reagan and I decided to call her back before the plane went up to let her know I knew about aunt K.

"Hey I already know about Aunt k Rea." I told her as Mateo came and sat next to me holding my hand I wasn't using.

"No it's not that." She said sniffling.

"Oh no, what happened?" I asked, not really wanting to know actually.

"Connor is back, Lily, he's back." She bursted out crying. Oh no.

"Your kidding." I said not believing her.

"He said he wants to see Rosalie but I locked him out." She said.

"Good girl, don't let him in and if he doesn't leave in a couple hours call the cops Ok," I explained to her, "If he tries to talk to you through the door call the cops." I said hanging up on her putting my head in my hands sitting back in my seat trying to stop the tears from coming back.

"What's wrong, who's Connor?"

"Connor is Reagan, my sister, her ex boyfriend and her daughters father," I explained, "He got her pregnant in high school and would beat her up a little when she almost caught him cheating a couple times, so I decided to talk to him about touching my sister."

"Lily what happened." He asked holding my hands tightly.

"I got mad and cracked his skull, when the court declared him as mentally ill and sent him to a mental health center for a couple years she went into depression," I said, "She blamed me for sending him away and that's how i had to find a new best friend."

"She still blames you for it?" He questioned.

"No, she got older and realized I wasn't the bad guy but we were never the same, she's scared of him and I don't blame her but I have no problem with splitting his skull again if I have too."

"Miss Harding, we're getting ready to take off, if you could all buckle up and the child on one of your laps please." The flight attendant smiled and left back to the front.

"No, i'll split his skull, not you." He said getting up and picking up a sleeping Uriah. He putting him on his lap and buckled him up. I buckled up thinking about everything I had to do when I got back home.

Funeral, ex-psycho boyfriends, and a 5 year old birthday party.

That's so normal, right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Word count >1501
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Like • comment • Follow