part xiii.

I felt bad for leaving Seb in there with Lindsay and her violin skills, or lack thereof, but my amusement and enjoyment outweighed my guilt

I felt bad for leaving Seb in there with Lindsay and her violin skills, or lack thereof, but my amusement and enjoyment outweighed my guilt. I was laughing as I hugged my binder close to my chest and continued down hall. 

"Kara!" 

I turn to see my cousin bounding towards me. The top of her long black hair was in cute little pigtails, tied neatly with blue ribbon. She was always the cutest in family pictures. 

"Violet, hey." I say as I turn around, the two of us standing in the middle of the hall. As it was still lunch, there weren't that many others surrounding us. "What's up?"

"I was just coming over to say hi." She smiles as she glances over her shoulder. I follow her gaze to where her friends were waiting for her by the window at the end of the hall, "I haven't seen you since the party last Sunday. I was wondering how your first week went." 

"Ah, it went great. I really enjoy all my classes and the music department is honestly incredible." I smile as I adjust my arms around the binder. It was super heavy with all the notes  from my Physics class. I wondered how Scott could ever enjoy it. 

Everytime I'm there I'm either falling asleep or fantasising about throwing myself out of the goddamn window. 

Her eyes narrow slightly, "I heard you got some new friends." 

Ahhh, now I see why she said hi. It's not the first time over the past week that I've been approached by the girl with the ulterior motive of getting closer to the guys. Some girl even asked me to set her up on a blind date with Auggie while I was on the fucking toilet. 

"...Yup." I say with pursed lips and a nod. 

"Me and my friends were just wondering if you could give us one of there numbers?" She asks as she nervously scratches the back, "Do you have all their numbers...or just one?" 

"I have all of their numbers." I answer with a small smile, "But that doesn't mean I can go around giving them out to everyone." 

"Not even your cousin?" She asks as she hits me with those classic puppy-dog eyes. Her eyes were a light, glassy blue and I remember they always got my parents to agree to letting the two of us sleep over at each other's houses when we were younger.

"Not even you my sweet, little cousin." I grin as I pat the top of her head lightly, "They deserve their privacy, Vi. I value my friendship with all of them and I don't want to ruin that." 

"You're right." Violet says with a small disappointed sigh, "Sorry for asking you." 

"It's fine. If you want their numbers why don't you try talking to them? They're not as bad as you think." I say with a small shrug as for some reason the memory of Scott thanking me yesterday comes to mind.  

"I'm good. I'm not as confident as you are, Kara." Violet shrugs as she steps backwards, "I'll see you around." 

"Bye." I smile at her as she turns and hurries over to her friends. She must've said something straight away because they all look over at me and glare.