part xvi.

The white team ended up winning after Scott landed a goal from over half-way up the field

The white team ended up winning after Scott landed a goal from over half-way up the field. It was pretty impressive and the crowd went berserk over it. Auggie ran out onto the field and that was  the last time I saw him. 

Afterwards, we all went inside the huge plantation house to chat and mingle. 

Quinn eventually broke off from us to go talk to is parents. I stayed with Gen for most of the time until her mother came over and took her away. Rhiannon Fitzwilliam was a very kind woman and was completely different from what I saw in the police station. But I'm probably assuming that was just her maternal instincts coming through. 

She loved her children a lot, that much was obvious. 

I just stayed to the sides of the room as I roamed through them, taking in the spectacular interior design. My glass of champagne kept getting re-filled before it was even empty and if I could, I would stay here forever. 

Eventually, I got sick of just eaves-dropping on people's conversation and being stared straight through as if I was invisible. I place my glass on a table and make my way out the back through wide open french doors. 

I glance out towards the trees, leave my heels near the door and I walk out onto the grass. Somehow, I find myself following a small little path leading to the surrounding woods. Off in the distance, I could see the stables and decided to go say hello to the horses. 

I veer off my path and walk towards the impressive stables. It was almost as big as the house. The dude who owned this land obviously loved horses and polo. But then again, if I was a billionaire I would have a McDonald's restaurant in my basement. 

But to each their own. 

As I near the stables, I notice a couple of the polo players walking out the front laughing. I had no clue if I was allowed back here but there was no way I was getting caught. So before they could see me, I quickly race around the stables and enter through the back. 

The concrete was cold under my bare feet and I walk down the path between the stalls. I was lucky that there was no one else in here except the horses. I smile as I notice a blonde horse in the closest stall. 

"Hello..." I greet happily as I walk over to the horse and rest my folded arms on the top of the gate. The horse was busy eating it's hay. Honestly, same. "Are you a girl horse or a boy horse? Wait—is that rude to ask? I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't—" 

"Kara." I hear my name and I glance over my shoulder to see Scott walking towards me. He had a small smile on his face, obviously having overhead my conversation with a horse. But that wasn't what had my heart accelerating to a speed that should medically be considered as having a heart attack. 

Scott was still dress in his riding boots and white pants, but his white polo shirt was thrown over his shoulder.

He was shirtless and I was actually awake.