part xxiv.

I didn't like Halloween

I didn't like Halloween. Never have and I doubt I ever will. 

But Auggie on the other hand loved it. He went all out for Halloween today and by all out I mean dressing up like a zombie, scaring me in the hallway which then obviously resulted in me giving him a sucker-punch to the stomach. 

Yeah...that was a whole thing

Apparently, a tradition of the four guys is that they all go to the best haunted house attraction in Manhattan on the night of Halloween. And now, they've brought me in on the tradition. 

Auggie couldn't stop talking about it all day today. He was even talking bout it through the pain of me "attacking" him or whatever the hell he called it. I called it as self-defence. The guys kept joking about having to tape gloves or pillows to my hands. 

After school, I went home and had a nap. Turns out it was a six hour coma and I woke up to Auggie running into my room, screaming out the fact that we were late. I quickly changed out of my uniform and into something a little warmer. 

I then said goodbye to Dad and Scout before racing out of the apartment with zombified Auggie. 

We both cannonballed into the back of Auggie's car before Arthur sped off towards the haunted house. 

Apparently, everyone was out tonight and when we were near the attraction, we got stuck in very heavy traffic. There was beeping horns everywhere and I assumed there had been an accident ahead because no one moved for a solid ten minutes

"Fuck it." Auggie huffs as he opens the door.

"Wait—Auggie—what are you doing?" I ask as he turns back around to face me. 

He extends his hand out to me, "We are about to become Usain motherfucking Bolt, my dear." 

I sigh but nonetheless take his hand and he helps me out of the vehicle. We then begin to sprint through the traffic of cars. Auggie tries to slide over the hood of the taxi but his costume ends up sticking to the yellow top. 

I burst out laughing when he hits the ground while the taxi driver gets out of the car and starts screaming at Auggie. He apologises with a couple hundred dollar bills as if were nothing. 

I, however, was still laughing so much that my stomach was starting to hurt. Auggie, with an adorable angry pout, grabs my hands before pulling me behind him as we race towards the haunted house attraction. 

"Shit my shoe lace!" I explain as I pull on Auggie's hand while staring down at my feet. Auggie stumbles to a stop and turns to me. 

"We do not have time for thi—" Auggie is cut off by the shrill of his phone as I bend down and untie the rest of my shoe lace so I could re-tie them, "Yes—we're com—I know—Kara is tying her laces—wha—Sebastian she will kill me—fine."