part xx.

I began to settle into my new life over the following few weeks

I began to settle into my new life over the following few weeks. I got use to my new routine in Briarwood Prep and I was milking my scholarship with everything I got. I found out I could request new instruments and new compositions to practice in class. 

Mr O'Flanagan welcomed the new ideas and often listened to me. I mean, I felt bad because the new material was quite advanced, especially for the other students in the class, but they judged me any way so they can kiss my cute little ass. 

My friendship with the guys also became a lot closer. We often had lunch together in the music room that had officially became our place to hang out. A lot of girls just so happened to stumble into music room when we were all in there. Some didn't even take any fucking music classes. 

Scott and Quinn did a good job of scaring them away. And Auggie put on a sign on the door with "Only Kara and Her Best Friends" in pink and blue glitter. It was very adorable. 

It was nice to see Seb and Scott laughing together. It was odd, but they really balanced each other out. I could totally understand why both of them were so torn up about not being friends anymore. They have a deep connection between the both of them and it was only fitting since they've known each other for such a long time. 

Auggie often visited my apartment. Apparently, he had more freedom in our kitchen than his own and my dad was totally okay with him cooking. I mean why the hell not, it's literally gourmet-restaurant-level shit coming straight from out kitchen. 

Soon enough, I found myself in the routine of traveling to Briarwood, playing music, hanging out with the guys, receiving tutoring from Quinn and then going home to see Auggie, sometimes partnered with Dad, in the kitchen making dinner. 

Yup, my father dearest even gave Auggie a key. 

I mean, sure, it was fine at the start. But that was before Auggie woke me up at 7 o'clock on a Sunday morning because I didn't respond to his meme of a fucking cat. He thought I was dead because I do usually respond. 

I almost was dead because he gave me a fucking heart attack storming in to my room, dressed in some damn space-puppy pyjamas. 

My grades had definetly been improving thanks to Quinn's tutoring. I had planned on meeting only twice a week but when Quinn realised what he was dealing with, he decided at least every day would be better. 

We usually meet in the back corner of the library, settled between two walls of large windows that let in so much of the natural afternoon light. 

Since it had been transitioning into autumn, all the trees were turning orange and reds. My uniform was enough to keep me warm for now, but I was saving up for a coat. I'm currently working as a free-lance event performer where I'm usually just hired to play the piano for a bunch of rich, snooty people.  

Although, I did play the guitar for a little seven year old's birthday party. I guess his parents were gazzilionaries but the kids seemed to like it. Well, technically they enjoyed seeing how many cupcakes they could fit into the soundhole of my guitar. I got one hell of a tip because of that.