23

You waltzed onto the sand as you observed the two women in front of you curiously. Apparently, Kiyoko wanted to conduct some sort of experiment on you, but you found it rather odd that you guys were outside on the beach rather than inside the lab.

Although, you couldn't complain too much. The beach's view was absolutely breathtaking and it was a gorgeous day today. Clear skies, sun is out. It was refreshing to see, especially after all the rain as of late.

Your eyes widened when Yachi tugged the chain harshly. Pulling along a snarling zombie in restraints,

A zombie? Why would they have a zombie here, and how the hell did they even capture it?

"What's going on?"

You inquired, watching as the muzzled walker groaned softly, and Kiyoko pushed up her glasses before explaining thoroughly,

"So, Daichi and I have been talking, and, we firmly believe that you have the ability to control the walkers."

The black haired female informed, her intent dark hues interlocking with yours, and a befuddled expression crossed your visage,

Control walkers?! Me?! How could I--

You froze when you recalled the event with Kaname, and how those zombies suddenly attacked him out of the blue. Albeit, you recoiled slightly upon remembering that gruesome scene,

It was definitely strange that the zombies all charged at him at the same time, but does that mean it wasn't just some weird coincidence?!

"Alright, (Y/n)."

You gulped nervously, when Kiyoko perked up and unhooked the chain from the zombies restraints. Said item falling onto the sand with a soft 'thump' as the waves crashed peacefully in the background.

Even though the walker still had it's muzzle and handcuffs, it was no longer attached to Yachi's leash. Meaning it could roam the grounds freely. You looked to Kiyoko for answers, and she explained quickly,

"Don't worry, everyone is armed. So, if something does go wrong we'll just kill it. However, I want you to try giving the walker an order."

She stated, as they both backed away. You pursed your lips and flickered your gaze towards the guys, whom watched the scene unfold on the sidelines with anticipation.

Daichi's arms were crossed firmly over his chest, and his eyebrows were knitted together.

Relentlessly, for the past few days, you've all been working with Kiyoko to try and locate Kenny as fast as you possibly could. Surprisingly, trying to find him was actually quite difficult, and although you guys couldn't pinpoint his exact location. Kiyoko did manage to find a few places that he possibly frequents.

Actually, finding Kenny was supposed to be the only thing on the agenda today, but alas, here you all were,

"Kiyoko?--"

You chirped, but she interjected. Cutting you off,

"I know, we have to leave to go search for Kenny, but before we do that. I want to conduct this experiment, because after we find him. We may not even have time to do experiments like these anymore."

She spoke, holding her clipboard in hand, and you nodded anxiously. You understood where she was coming from, of course, but even so. You didn't want to let everyone down if the results weren't as satisfactory,

They're all depending on me to be the one to save humanity, but what if...I can't even do that much?

You gazed into the zombie's faded milky orbs as it took slow shaky steps to you. The creature growling loudly and making jerky arm movements at you.