Big Trouble in Little Edo

~~~????~~~

I took a deep breath in, my strength slowly fading as the digital world was consumed by Ken's darkness. He says he's doing this for good, but in reality, he is blinded by the darkness that hides his once kind heart, imagining a world where he is in control.

I understand his reasons why, after all, he always said he wanted a world where we could be safe. But this was not the way to do it.

It has been two months since he began his permanent stay here in the digital world and everyday I've been growing worse. If hw keeps this up for much longer, I don't know how the others will survive.

"Are you sure it's not time yet?" A small voice whispered to me.

"Not yet, my friend. We have to wait for the darkness to be at its weakest. Only then can I recall the pieces." I replied.

I held my friend closer to me, continuing my wait for the others to grow stronger.

~~~~Kimiko~~~~

I held Sunmon in my arms as we watched TV together with my brother Hideki. Mom and Dad were out on a date night, Kaoru was studying with a friend and Jace was down the hall a few apartments down for a sleepover with a friend. We had the whole apartment to ourselves.

"Kimi, I think Hideki fell asleep." Sunmon said. I looked over and smiled seeing my baby brother sleep so peacefully. I set Sunmom down on the small throw pillow next to me, then picked up my brother.

He immediately snuggled into my chest and smiled in his sleep.

"And now for a news update." The news Channel said on TV "Kenneth Ichijouji, boy genius reported missing for the past two months, has still not been found. Police believe that he plotted his own disappearance and are continuing their investigation even though they have not found any solid leads so far."

I flipped the channel to late night cartoons before I heard Sunmon yawn.

"Guess that means it's time for bed for all of us." I said. Sunmon hopped onto my shoulder as I walked to the nursery and put my brother to bed. Hideki almost cried when I let him go, but I put on his bedtime jingles which made him fall back to sleep.

I went to my room and sat on my bed when I got a message from Yolei, saying that we should go to the Digital world tomorrow.

I sighed and turned off the lights before falling asleep.

The next day I met up with the others, who looked very worried about the news of a brand new control spire being erected.

"I'm kinda worried." Tk said, "The digimon Emperor has really started to move faster."

"I know one thing." Kari said, "He's not afraid of us or he wouldn't keep fighting after losing all those battles."

"Look." Yolei alerted us typing on the computer, "This is what I'm talking about, we'd better get to it and fast."

All of us took a look at the screen and saw several white squares turn black in an instant.

"Well, I'm all for that. I'm not gonna let that brainiac get the best of us." Davis said.

"Yeah, he's plotting something big, I can feel it." Cody said.

"Ken is smart, he might have a plan to finally defeat us with this new conquering rate he has." I said thoughtfully.

"He may have the brains but we have the brawn." Tk shouted, "We have to at least take one of those areas back from him."

We all nodded in agreement and transported ourselves to the digital world.