United We Stand

~~~~Kimiko~~~~

The day was hot, and we were hard at work rebuilding a bridge crossing over a small river. However, our minds weren't all on the bridge. The others beside Davis, Yolei and I, don't think that Ken should join the team.

I understand what they think about him, but I could clearly see that he was sorry for what he's done. If he only we could just lead him to the team.

"Ow! Shurimon, what are you doing?" Davis exclaimed, snappijg me out of my thoughts.

"You don't have to yell at me." Shurimon grumbled setting down stone and jumping back up to the walkway of the bridge.

"Everyone, I think we should take a short break." I suggested.

"I'm with you." Cody agreed followed by everyone else.

Our digimon went back to their rookie forms and we all took a seat on the edge of the ravine.

We emtpied out our backpacks and took out all the snacks we packed for the trip. I packed a separate bag for us digidestined.

"Hey guys, I brought us some of our own snacks." I said taking out the containers of small single serve cakes I made last night.

They were all covered in icing in everyone's favorite colors, but with a small surprise.

"Oh, wow! Thanks Kimi!" Davis exclaimed, happily grabbing the blue and red cake.

Everyone took their cake and took a bite, their eyes quickly lighting up at the first bite.

"Kimi! Kimi! Did you bring my goodies?" Coronamon asked. I laughed and took out his favorite cookies. He cheered and ran back to the other digimon.

"Whoa, what the heck? The cake flavor just changed." Tk said.

I nodded, "Yeah, it's a new recipe I created. Ever-changing flavor cakes. Depending on the colors of the cakes, you get different flavors."

"She's right!" Yolei said, "I got strawberry and banana. My favorite flavors of cake!"

"I think mines mint and vanilla." Tk said.

"Awesome, cherry and blue raspberry!" Davis exclaimed.

"And I got and I got strawberry with a vanilla cinnamon kick." Kari said taking another bite.

"I'm glad you like them." I said.

"Like them? These cakes are amazing!" Davis shouted. I looked back down at my cake and took a bite, tasting vanilla, blueberry and cream. My favorites.

As we ate, I noticed Yolei looking worried about something.

"Kari, I was thinking." She said to Kari, "Do you think that Ken could be in some kind of danger?"

"What do you mean?" Kari asked.

"Well, it was about that strange woman Palmon and Raya told us about. I know that she's up to no good and I think Ken might be in her way."

"Hi, everyone!" A voice said behind us. We turned around and saw Raya standing behind us with a smile on her face and Lunamon by her side.

"Raya, what's up?" Tk asked.

"I was wandering around taking out some control spires and sensed you guys nearby." She explained walking closer and taking a look at the unfinished bridge.

"Do you guys need any help?" Lunamon asked.

"Only if you want." I said.

Raya laughed, "I wouldn't offer if I wasn't willing to help. Besides, I've been dying to try out one of those armor Digi-forms."