Dark Sun, Dark Spore

~~~~Raya~~~~

I saw everything that previously happened through Rayla's eyes, and I was beyond furious. How dare they take my little brother.

I opened my eyes and Rayla was pulled back into my mind, allowing me to be in control again. All I saw was darkness, Ken and a bunch of kids, one of the kids being my little brother.

Ken growled in anger and stood up, "We made a deal but you double crossed us." He shouted at Arukenimon.

"Sorry, it's a bad habit of mine." She replied.

I stood up and walked next to Ken.

"You said that if we came with you, then you'd free my brother and the other kids." I said.

"Oh, that, well it's not necessary, don't you think?" Arukenimon asked, "Do you little twerps- I mean kiddies want to go home?"

Every kid, except for my brother, all shook their heads. Genki stood up ajd ran to me, to which I quickly scooped him up in my arms and removed the tape and ropes.

He cried loudly in my chest and I fell to my knees in relief.

"I wanna go home!" He cried. I gently rubbed his back and held him close.

"Everything's gonna be all right, Genki. I won't let them hurt you or any of the other kids." I said, then looked up at the other kids.

"Why don't you want to go back home? Your parents are worried sick about you." I said.

One little boy stepped forward, "We're just dying to know. Are you two really Ken Ichijouji and Raya Kurasama?" He asked.

"Yes, what about it?" Ken asked.

All the children smiked, but I could see something in their eyes. I saw darkness, and plenty of it. None of these kids were in their right minds. They were deluded by some kind of promise made to them.

"I knew it." The boy said, "Wow, I've heard all about you two. Ken, you're smart and rule at sports, and Raya, she has super powers. I bet you two could do anything if you really wanted to. It would be awesome to be like that."

I knew then and there that these kids were promised something, and it had to do with me and Ken.

"Then, I met this man, and he told me that there was a way I could do it."

My eyes widened, "What man? Who told you all of this?" I asked.

Suddenly, from the darkness in the back of the van, a dark chuckled rose.

"You can't blame me, can you?" A man's voice said, "After all, it seems that everyone wants to be just like you two."

"Who's that?" Ken asked.

"It's me, of course." From behind the group of kids, a man stood up to reveal himself. He was wearing a ling coat and his skin was pale, contrasting with his long dark hair and dark slanted eyes.

"Me who?" Ken asked. I held Genki even tighter while he grabbed onto my shirt.

"Well, I'm insulted. I expected this from the Digi-mage, but never from you." The man said, "Don't tell me you don't remember me? I'll give you a hint, we were introduced at your brother's funeral."

Ken thought for a moment, before he gasped as he remembered something from the past.

"I've seen your face." He said. The man smiled at us and sent chills up my spine. He wasn't right. This man, it was as if he was hollow.

"Remember now?" He asked. Before Ken could say anything, the truck swerved left and right.

The man turned around towards the front of the truck and kicked the wall angrily.