Pink Lemonade

Y/N rushes over to Helen's house in a hurry. He felt bad to leave his little brother in that hell hole full of banshee like parents. At least they didn't take their anger out on their children. Carmelo is a big boy, he can handle himself.

He knocked on the door excitedly, trying to contain his joy by lightly bouncing on his feet. Y/N could tell Helen is not one for hanging out, or doing anything entertaining other than drawing.

Who answered the door was not Helen, but his mother. She was very beautiful, and y/n would be overwhelmed of how much she looks like Helen if he wasn't distracted. "Hello? Can I help you?" She asks politely. She recognizes the boy from the barbecue, the one who watched Helen draw. He stared at her, a bit shocked. He tilted his head to the side. Y/N reminded her of a confused puppy.

"Did Helen not tell you, miss? Helen said he would hang out with me today." Y/N explained. Mrs. Otis does not recall getting this information. Did Helen want this to be a secret? Well, it was too late now.

"Oh, well, I'll get him right away! Come in and take a seat." She steps out of the doorway to let him in. Y/N sits on the couch and impatiently waits. When Helen comes downstairs, he can see that y/n is practically vibrating with excitement and he sighs. Y/N will probably burst his eardrums when he gets a chance to speak.

Helen hoped that y/n would forget about this 'hanging out' thing, or whatever he said. Helen does not want to do it. He doesn't know what to do, or how to do it, and it seems like a waist of time. Especially if it's with y/n.

"Hey, Helen! Let's go!" Y/N smiles, hopping off the couch and grabbing Helen's hand. Helen immediately jerks his hand away, but Y/N shrugs it off and hurriedly goes to the door. Helen can hear his mother chuckle behind him, so he narrows his eyes at her. "Have fun!" She smiles. "We will! Bye bye!" Y/N waves.

They begin to walk down the sidewalk side-by-side. Helen does not know where they're going, but neither does y/n. If Helen knew that fact he would've went back home. After a few minutes of silence, they're a distance away from their homes.

"Y/N, where are we going?" Helen asks. "I don't know! I'm new, remember? Show me around, my fabulous fellow!" Y/N replies happily. Helen stops in the tracks, staring at y/n. Y/N stops and looks at him, confused. Why did they stop? Helen is dumbfounded. They're walking just. . . Because?

"So, wanna show me around the neighborhood for any cool places?"

The memory jogged in Helen's mind for a moment. He really did agree. Helen shook his head. He is an idiot. He continued to walk, pretending as if he didn't scold himself. Confused, y/n continued on as well.

"Is there any arcades or other cool places?" Y/N asks.

"Well, I think there's an arcade, but it's half an hour away in car. There's a pond in the opposite direction we're walking in, but I'm not one to swim. A cafe maybe five minutes away in car and a fifteen minute walk to the park." Helen explained.

"Woah! You know like, everything! Let's go to the park!" Y/N says happily, trying to grab Helen's wrist in attempt to make him walk faster, but Helen dodges. Y/N brushes it off again. Some people hate physical contact.

"Okay." Helen agrees. Y/N begins to walk faster, skipping around as he smiled brightly. Helen thought he would go blind from such a smile. Y/N attempted to grabs Helen's wrist again because he's getting impatient, but fails once more. He decides to calm down because this is a great opportunity to know more about his quiet friend.

"My mama gave me twenty dollars for us! After the park, we can go to the cafe! What do you like to drink?" Y/N asked. Helen thought for a moment. "Tea." He responds simply. Y/N begins to ramble about random topics, for extroverts cannot stand silence.