Suspension

All members of the fight are suspended for a week. The ones who started everything for two.

Helen did not expect y/n to be such a great fighter, but he isn't very amused by it either. At the end of the day, Helen can see y/n's bandaged face on the verge of tears as he gets scolded by his mother. Carmelo's cheeks were red and he seemed to be growling as people passed.

They hated getting chewed out in public.

Y/N and Helen lock eye contact for a second, but y/n looks away quickly, too embarrassed to look at Helen directly. Though Helen is a little mad y/n got suspended, he felt pity for the male, so he walked towards the group.

"Please don't punish them too harshly, ma'am. Y/N was sticking up for Carmelo, and they didn't start it, either." Helen says. Y/N looks at him, surprised. Helen has never stuck up for him before. Helen grazed the bandage on y/n's cheek, lightly cupping it. His eyes are slightly narrowed and his lips are tugged slightly down. He turns away, quickly walking off to his own ride.

To any normal person, Helen's expression would be neutral, but y/n could tell that Helen was very disappointed in him. He rubbed the back of his neck. Before Helen got into the car, he looked back at y/n, who pouted like a puppy.

"Who is that? Your boyfriend?" Y/N's mom asks, her tone sour. "No. We're just friends." Y/N responds, a little dull.

The next day, Helen has forgotten that y/n is suspended. When he enters the halls of hell, he is sad that y/n isn't there to wait for him. He was used to having y/n being by his side, whether he liked it or not, so having y/n gone felt a little off. Helen did not consider them friends fully, but not exactly acquaintances, either. He didn't know.

Helen sits down at his seat and takes out his sketchbook. This one he didn't do any serious art in. He used it to doodle in whenever he was bored and looking for inspiration. He found himself sketching y/n unconsciously. He was about to go into details and shading, but someone interrupted him. For a moment, he thinks it's y/n, but it is not. It is Judy.

"Hey, Helen. You're y/n's best friend. Where is he?" Judy asks. She seemed very sad as she gently swayed on her feet. He stares at her dully. How could she forget so fast? The event happened yesterday. "He got suspended, remember?" Helen replies.

"Oh! Right! I knew that." She says sheepishly, scurrying back to her seat. Helen rolls his eyes. For all of class, Helen has only drawn y/n. At lunch, Helen goes to his tree. He digs through his backpack for his sketchbook, and something falls out.

'You found me!'

Helen stares at the number for a moment. Eventually, he dialed the number and texts it.

XXX

Y/N is crying. He can't believe that his parents did this to him. Now, they're fighting again in the living room and y/n is muffling his tears in a pillow. Why is he crying?

He just got his ass beat with a belt.

Yesterday, his parents were so busy fighting that they forgot to punish the two boys, and they decided that it wasn't too late. Hearing a ding from his phone, he rolls over and grabs it, wiping his tears to see the screen.

From Unknown number: Hey, how's punishment going?

To Unknown number: Helen?

From Unknown number: Yes, it's me.

Y/N is happy that Helen decides to text him, and saves the number right away. He sends a photo of himself, his eyes puffy and red, his cheeks tear-stained, a quivering smile on his face, and his hair messy as he gave a peace sign to the camera.