Hide-and-seek

"Why. . . ?"

Instead of answering her son's question, she turned around, growling. "You. . My son. . How dare you. . . You're mine! Not his! How dare you think that! How dare you take his side! . . . . . How dare you witness this. . ."

Y/N gasped, grabbed Carmelo harshly as he dashed out of the house and across the street into the forest. Carmelo looked back and screamed, tearing up as they ran faster, hearing their mother chase them while yelling at them to stop.

Y/N didn't know what to do. They could only run. Only hope to lose her. Their mother was foolish to run out of the house into the public, covered in blood. She is only blinded by her hatrid to do anything more than murder. If only they can get back alive, their mother is gone once she comes out of the forest. She'll be in jail where she belongs.

"STOP DISOBEYING YOUR MOTHER! STOP RUNNING FROM ME!!"

Carmelo bursts into tears, his vision becoming blinded. He wiped his tears quickly, needing to see to escape. He doesn't have time for crying at the moment. Their mother continued to scream and wail at them, swinging the knife around in attempt to cut them.

How long has it been? Only a few minutes? Ten? Fifteen? How long? How long will they need to run for? Y/N hates this. He hates it so much. He wishes they could just be normal. Normal like everyone else's family.

Happy. . . .

Y/N looked back, seeing his mother pant, her screamed becoming rusted and weaker. Y/N smiled, knowing they could escape, but his body hurt. It hurt to the point he wanted to give up. They were slowing down aswell, but their mother had an older body, that quit on sports and other activities longer. She slowed down more and more.

She threw the knife instead.

It hit y/n right in his arm. He screamed, it echoing through the forest. A call for help. Something. Anything. Anyone. Please. Help.

He tried to run faster, his arm in pain, his body hurting, his throat sore, his eyes puffy and red, stinging. Carmelo wasn't in any better of a state. Carmelo looked back once more, seeing their mother fall to the ground, tripping over something.

"COME BACK!" She screamed at them, sitting up. She panted and huffed, sitting on the ground, out of energy to run any longer as she screamed.

"MY CHILDREN, COME BACK TO ME!!" She hollered, punching the ground in fury. She crawled a bit, but soon gave up.

They were gone. . . .

Y/N and Carmelo huffed and panted, y/n leaning against a tree as he cried, trying to gain his breath. Carmelo gasped for air, but soon he hunched over an vomited on the ground, an image of his father's limp red corpse flashing through his mind.

Y/N looked at the knife in the back of his arm and removed it, screaming and whining as he did so. He threw the knife to the ground and held his arm, crying harder. Carmelo kept vomiting, tears running down his face aswell. Why? Why them? What did they ever do to deserve this? Their loving father is dead. Their mother tried to kill them. That woman is crazy. Insane. Y/N and Carmelo hate her. Hate her with their whole being. She deserves to die aswell. She deserves to die.

Die.

Die.

Die.

She needs to die.

Kill her.

Y/N shook his head, removing the thoughts from his mind as he hicked, wiping his tears. He peaked behind the tree he was leaning on. Nothing. She still hasn't found them. He looked at Carmelo, who was wiping his mouth off with his sweater.

"Come on. . . . We need to get out of this forest. . ." Y/N said, his voice trembling.

"Y- Y/N. . . . I'm scared. . . W- What if-"

"I won't let her touch you, okay. . ? I'll protect you. . I promise. ."

Y/N looks at the knife, slowly picking it up. "If she finds us, w- we'll just use this. . ."

Carmelo stares at the knife, tearing up, knowing his father's blood is on it. He nods and sticks close to y/n as they walk, trying to make as less noise as possible. Not knowing their mother's location made it scary and overwhelming, but she also didn't know theirs.

The only noise was their uneven breathing and the small crunches of the leaf's below. They looked around anxiously, ever corner, ever nook, cranny, through every leaf of bushes.

Until. . . .

Y/N grabbed Carmelo and pushed him down into the ground quickly. Before Carmelo could ask, y/n dropped to the ground and covered Carmelo's mouth, his look begging him to be quite.

The small rustle of leaves being pushed by and gentle cracks of leafs breaking was heard. Carmelo's eyes widened and he looked around.

"Stay still!" Y/N whispered very quietly. Carmelo froze, looking through a bush. Not too far away was their mother, humming softly to herself as she passed by, looking around for them.

Y/N stared, watched, waiting for her to leave. He looked at Carmelo, who was tearing up again as he covered his own mouth. Y/N did the same, covering his mouth as he looked at his own mother again, seeing she stopped walking, standing as still as the trees.

She was listening.

Listening for them. Waiting for them to slip up and make noise. To reveal their location. They waited.

And waited.

And waited. . .

Their mother snapped her head in the direction of a bush. Not theirs, a different one. It rustled just a small bit and she ran at it. Y/N immediately got up and grabbed Carmelo, sneaking away from her.

Whatever was in that bush, he's grateful for it.

They continued their walk until they could see flashing lights. Just as y/n thought. Their mother was a fool to run out in daylight and in the streets, covered in blood as she screamed and chased them with a knife.

They ran out of the forest, seeing they made it out not too far from home, they ran down the street quickly.

"WE'RE HERE!! WE'RE HERE!!" They called, running towards their home filled with police officers and ambulances. Carmelo sniffled, smiling. Y/N ran into the yard, Carmelo's hand firmly in his grip as the medics checked over them.

They were safe.