The Hospital

"Mr. Helen Otis?"

I called out to the boy who sat infront of me, but he didn't reply. He was wearing a light blue patient robe, his dark green circles under his eyes, his messy jet black hair, and his skin, pale as paper. His gaze straight at me, like how a predator stares at its prey.

I'm a psychiatrist. It's my job to interview patients. He's been here for some time now, but I've never seen him communicate with other patients. He always stayed in the corner of the room. Needless to say, he was an eccentric child.

This is a judicial psychiatric hospital. The only difference between this is the way we treat patients with a criminal record, to prevent the patients from another infraction.

"Doctor, why am I here?" He asked quietly.

"Because you are ill." I answered. He rose his head in response. "Come on, you are only 14 years old, your future is still very bright." I gave him a pat and smile, hoping to cheer him up. I want to let him know that I'm his friend, not an enemy.

This was what I said to that boy, this was the first time that he ever spoke more than a word. Well, at least he was talking now. We made good progress here.

××××××

Y/N looked at the gates of the hospital. His grandfather had drove him here, and now y/n was sneaking around, trying to find Helen. His eyes were sharp, looking at every nook and cranny, remembering every person's face as they passed by.

"What are you doing?"

"WEH-"

Y/N looked behind him quickly. Oh. It was just Hoodie.

Y/N scoffed and gently punched the camera holding man. "You scared me!" Y/N said, looking over at the gate again. "Kay. Now answer please. ." Hoodie responded.

"I'm looking for someone important to me." Y/N replied, crawling up on the fence a bit to get a better look. The hospital was big and quiet. Too quiet to y/n's liking.

"Important? In there?" Hoodie replied, making his camera zoom in on the building. "Yeah! I have to ask them an important question." Y/N nodded. He waited a few minutes. Five. Ten. Fifteen.

Y/N sighed and hopped off of the fence, sitting down in front of a tree. Hoodie looked down at him, putting his camera away.

"What if you get caught? What would you do then?" Hoodie asked. Y/N looked up at him and shrugged. "What you should: run."

Hoodie stared, making y/n a bit uncomfortable. It was completely silent now. Not even the squirrels in the trees seemed to make noise.

"You know you can just go in and visit, right?" Hoodie said finally in a soft voice. Y/N groaned and nodded.

"My grandpa and brother don't want me to see him, and I'm pretty sure they don't let kids like me go in without a guardian." Y/N said, looking up at Hoodie with a tired face. Hoodie nodded, thinking for a moment. He seemed to discard the idea. For now, anyway.

"How fast and flexible are you?" Hoodie asked, gently setting his camera on the ground. Y/N shrugged again, glancing at the camera before looking at the building. His phone buzzed and he took it out. His grandpa had texted him, wondering where he was.

Hoodie snatched the phone.

"H- Hey!" Y/N yelped, quickly getting up and gave a certain look to the man. "Give it back!" He demanded. Hoodie only stared, making y/n uncomfortable again. Y/N tried to seem intimidating and serious, but Hoodie didn't buy it at all.

Then, Hoodie ran.

Y/N's eyes widened and he quickly chased after the male. "Stop! Give it back, Hoodie! That's not funny!" Y/N yelled, running faster. Hoodie didn't reply.

Hoodie wasn't even running. He was jogging, maybe even a small bit of gallop in his step while y/n ran with all his might. Y/N tsked and ran faster, now gaining ground. Hoodie looked back and y/n could feel their eyes meet. It sent a chill down y/n spine and he twitched at the sudden uncomfort.

Suddenly, Hoodie darted away, running fully and leaving y/n in the dust. Y/N growled and tried to run faster, but he was running as fast as he could. Y/N had always been faster than the other students at school and on the baseball field, but Hoodie was different. Hoodie was a grown man, yet ran as fast as a hare. Y/N couldn't help but envy Hoodie for his stamina and speed.

Y/N stopped. He had run until he could no longer. He rested his hands on his knees as he panted and huffed, calling for Hoodie to come back in a pleading manner. It took a few minutes before Hoodie came back. He lazily handed y/n his phone back and yawned. "That was children's play." He said softly, a small smile on his face as he watched y/n grit his teeth.

"Yeah well I'm a child, so no wonder you ran faster than me." Y/N snapped back, quickly texting his grandpa before shoving his phone in his pocket.

"But you ran faster then your mother, did you not?"

Now it was y/n's turn to stay silent. How did he know? When was he ever visible at the event? When did he-

"You were in the bushes! You made that noise, right? To help me get away!" Y/N said, taken aback a bit. Hoodie gave a small nod. "You're smart." He complimented. Y/N smiled brightly and thanked him.

"Why'd you help me?" Y/N asked. Hoodie fell silent once more before looking away towards the hospital. He didn't- he couldn't answer that question. Not now, anyway.

Instead, he pointed to the hospital. "People are coming out." Hoodie said, his voice still soft. He talked gently all the time, y/n has noticed. His voice was soft and barely audible.

Y/N quickly looked over to the hospital, smiling widely. He looked all over, his eyes darting everywhere.

Searching. . .

Searching. . . .

Searching. . . . .

Searching. . . . . .

Searching. . . . . . .

. . . .

. . . .

FOUND HIM!

Y/N smiled and jumped onto the fence. He started climbing it, but stopped and coughed when Hoodie pulled the back of his shirt collar.

"Are you dumb? You can't just run in. . . Wait for him to come over here." Hoodie said. Y/N pouted but nodded. He stared and stared.

Helen seemed to be walking with a doctor. He stared at the ground, every now and then kicking rocks as he listened to the doctor ramble. They sat down on a bench. Y/N waved his arms around desperately, trying to get Helen's attention, but in the end, y/n tried until Helen along with everyone else went back inside. Y/N's smile faded as he stared at the hospital. He huffed.

"Well fine then. I'll just try again tomorrow."