Accident

[ This chapter contains violence. ]

When Carmelo met y/n in the hallway, he seemed angry. Furious even. He looked at y/n with a red face before beginning to stomp off.

"Mello Jello? What's wrong?" Y/N asked, quickly walking beside him, concerned. "Everything! Everything is wrong! Everyone today was messing with me! They don't know how to mind their business and leave me alone!!" He said, almost screaming his feelings out. Instead of walking to the bus, he started walking down the street until eventually dashing into the forest. Y/N knew what was happening. He didn't try to stop it, either. Carmelo needed to get his feelings out.

Carmelo screamed and hollered out of rage, kicking sticks and leaves, throwing rocks around, yelling profanities at the world. Y/N watched, leaned against a tree as he sighed out of pity for his brother as he listened to him rant.

"ELIJAH THREW A FUCKING EMPTY WATER BOTTLE AT ME AND LAUGHED WHEN I PUNCHED HIM LIKE IT WAS A JOKE!!" Carmelo threw a rock towards a tree. "THEN AFTER WE GOT IN TROUBLE, HE KEPT PULLING ON MY HAIR AND I HAD TO GO TO THE FUCKING PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE FOR INTERRUPTING CLASS!! OF COURSE I'M THE ONE TO BLAME!! IT'S ALWAYS ME!! IT'S ALWAYS MY FAULT!!"

"Carme-"

"TIFFANY WOULDN'T SHUT HER BIG MOUTH AND KEPT REPEATING HERSELF LIKE I WAS DEAF!! NO, TIFFANY, I'M NOT A FUCKING INDIAN BECAUSE I "HaVe a ReD dOt oN mY fOreHead"!! CAN YOU NOT SEE IT WAS BLOOD?!?! SORRY I HAVE ACNE AND POPPED ONE!!"

Y/N sighed and watched as Carmelo picked up another rock. It was huge and Carmelo tumbled a but when he lifted it over his head.

"THEN PEOPLE KEPT STEALING MY CANDY AND MESSING WITH IT AND STEALING MY PHONE!! CAN'T YOU MIND YOUR BUISNESS?! HUH?? IT'S NOT FUNNY AND IT'S NOT CUTE! I'M DONE!! I HATE IT HERE!!" Carmelo looked at a stray kitten, who was in the forest with them not too far away. He growled at it and threw the rock at it. It wailed, it's leg seeming to be broken as the tried to hop off, but Carmelo was already near. He picked up the rock, and slammed it down on the kitten out of his own blind rage. Y/N gasped, but he stood there.

"Carmelo, that's enough. Stop."

But Carmelo didn't stop. He kept continued to slam the big rock down on the kitten. Each bang of the rock against the kitten breaking it more, making it bleed and wail.

Until it was silent.

No mewls or whines from the kitten, no commands for Carmelo to stop, no pounding of the rock against raw meat, only the pants of Carmelo, who had come back to his senses and was now freaking out, staring at the janky, twisted, beat, corpse of a kitten.

He slowly looked down at his bloodied hands before looking at y/n, who flinched.

"I- I didn't mean to. . . . Y/N. . I- I'm sorry. It was an accident. . . I swear. ."

Carmelo's voice trembled and shook, looking up at his brother. Did y/n think he was a monster? Was y/n going to run away? Was he going to tell what he did?

Y/N softened his expression at his trembling brother. He got on his knees and slowly wrapped his arms around his brother. "Shh. . . . It's okay. I know.. it was an accident. . . You were only angry.."

Carmelo gently grabbed onto y/n's shirt, getting blood on it. He gripped onto it tighter, slamming his eyes shut as he sat there, shaking and snuggling into him more. "I'm sorry y/n. . . I'm sorry. . ." He whimpered.

"I know, I know. . . It's okay. . ." He hushed, petting his hair and pulling him closer. After a bit Carmelo pulled away from his brother, letting go of his shirt and looking up at him again. Y/N gave a small smile.

"Let's go wash your hands in some water nearby, yeah?" Y/N said, getting up and pulling his brother with him. He started walking around, looking for a nearby puddle or stream for them to freshen up with. Soon enough, he found a small flow of water. He watches as Carmelo washed his hands before taking off his bloodied shirt.

"Let's hurry and go before the mosquitoes get me." Y/N chuckled, holding his bare chest. It was a bit cold. Carmelo nodded and they quickly got out of the forest and onto the sidewalk again. It was silent as they walked. Almost uncomfortable.

"Y/N, have you ever been called a monster?" Carmelo asked. Y/N scratched his bitten arm and looked up, thinking. "I think once. Ban said I was a monster just like my mother about a week ago." Y/N gave a sad smile as he looked down at the sidewalk.

"I've been called that too. Maybe they're right." Carmelo said, looking at his own hands. Y/N looked at Carmelo, a bit shocked. "Carmelo, they're wrong. We're not monsters. They're just scared." Y/N explained.

"Yeah! Scared because we're monsters!" Carmelo replied, balling his hands into fists. "No, they're scared because we're related to a monster. They're confused and scared and think we can do the same thing." Y/N said, patting Carmelo's shoulder.

"Because we can do the same thing! Didn't you see me?! I killed a cat because I was mad! The two of us, beat three kids into a pulp all because we were mad!" Carmelo said, seeming to strain his words, as if we was on the verge of breaking down. Y/N didn't know what to say. His brother was right, but he didn't want his brother going all his life believing that he was a monster, destined to be feared as long as he lived.

"Hey, now. Let's not think like that, yeah? We should try to be nicer. Then people wouldn't-"

"Give it up, y/n! It's worthless to try and fit in when you know we can't!" Carmelo yells, shoving y/n. Y/N almost trips and falls, but he doesn't.

"Carme-"

"Shut up. If you want to act like someone else, like you're 'normal', like you don't have problems, like your life is just PERFECT, then be my guest. I'm tired of pretending. We're our mother's children. No matter how hard we try, her psychotic blood runs through us. We can't stop that, y/n! We can't!"

Y/N grabbed Carmelo's shoulders harshly, shaking him as he yelled back. "JUST BECAUSE THAT WITCH IS OUR MOTHER DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO ACT THE SAME! YOU'RE CRAZY IF YOU THINK I WANT TO EXPRESS THAT PART OF ME! I ADMIT, WE'RE NOT NORMAL, OUR LIVES FUCKING SUCK, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN "HEY! FUCK IT! LET'S MURDER SOMEONE JUST TO BE LIKE OUR MOM!"!"

Y/N panted and huffed as he stared at Carmelo, who gritted his teeth and shoved y/n again. "Y/N, DO YOU REMEMBER THREE YEARS AGO?? YOU-"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP! I DIDN'T! IT WAS AN ACCIDE-"

Y/N's breath hitched and he stopped talking quickly. Carmelo had said the same thing. The same even happened. Everything. It was like a repeat.

Y/N looked to the ground, Carmelo's screams going muffled as he remembered the gory, blood corpse of a rabbit. A brown hare, stabbed twently times by a pocket knife. Y/N's pocket knife. It was an accident. . . He didn't mean to. He was just. . . .

Angry. . . .

Carmelo shoved Y/N to the ground. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ME!! YOU STILL HAVE THAT KNIFE, DON'T YOU? YOU STILL REMEMBER. I REMEMBERED YOU LAUGHED. YOU LAUGHED AT THAT DEAD RABBIT. YOU MOCKED IT, AND YOU THINK WE'RE NORMAL?? YOU'RE MENTALLY ILL!! WE BOTH ARE!!"

Y/N got up and punched Carmelo in the face. "I SAID SHUT UP!! BE QUIET!!" Carmelo growled and punched him back. Soon, they were grabbing fist fulls of hair and biting and kicking one another. They tumbled down into the forest, not caring as they continued to fight.

"STOP LYING TO YOURSELF AND ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT!!"

"BE QUIET!! I'M NOT TRYING TO ESCAPE ANYTHING!!"

Y/N punched his brother again, the pain of the fight now making Carmelo tear up. He bit y/n, making sure to not let go until he could taste blood in his mouth. Y/N and Carmelo screamed and cursed and one another.

Y/N never wanted to admit his thoughts to anyone. His thoughts to just. . . Kill them. . Murder them all. So what he thought it would make him feel better? So what he thought murder was the solution to his pain?

So what. . ?