The Sun's Flames Burn

"Y/N, why don't you join a club?" Jonathan asks, looking at the board on the wall. Y/N stops to look at it. Helen only glances. "I wish! Baseball season is over this time of year." Y/N huffed. Baseball? So Helen was wrong in the park, y/n didn't play Football or Basketball!

Helen looks at the board. What takes a lot of time and energy that y/n would have fun doing and also wear his somewhat unlimited energy out? Baseball seemed perfect for y/n. It didn't seem like there was anything else. Helen goes into thought as his friends talk about other options. He's been more considerate of y/n's feelings lately without realizing it much himself.

"I know it's not on the board, but what about gymnastics?" Helen asks. Jonathan loves the idea, and agrees with Helen. Y/N would be great at gymnastics.

"My mom would probably say it's too girly, but I'd love too if I could! I'm not very flexible." Y/N says. "Why would your mom think that? I don't think it's too girly." Jonathan asks, rubbing the back of his neck. Helen nods in agreement. His mother loved girly things. He thought all mother's treated their children like that until school starts.

"She's trying to keep me as straight as possible. Just between us, I swing both ways. Every way, all day." Y/N whispers. Jonathan's mouth forms an 'O' shape and he nods, but Helen does not understand. He tilts his head in confusion. "Huh?" He asks. He does not understand the meaning. He feels left out.

"I like guys and gals and everyone between!" Y/N whispers. Oh. Helen nods, finally understanding. He thought it was okay to like both. He's never dated anyone before, but his parents never told him it was wrong to date a guy.

Suddenly, Jonathan is approached by a girl. He pecks her on the cheeks and she hugs his arm. "Woah! You have a girlfriend?!" Y/N asks. "Yeah! She's so beautiful, isn't she? Her name is Emra!" Jonathan introduced. She giggled.

"Wah~! I wish I had a girlfriend!" Y/N pouts. "I've never had a girlfriend before." Helen says dully. Y/N gasps. He clings onto Helen.

"Do not hug m-"

"Don't worry, Helen! I'll be your girlfriend!" Y/N sobs.

"No. Please, get off me." Helen huffs.

"Hey! What are you doing on my brother? Get off!" A certain voice growls. They shove y/n and Helen apart and cling onto y/n's arm. Carmelo narrows his eyes at the quiet male. It was the same guy from the barbecue, probably. Carmelo doesn't remember because Helen is irrelevant to him. All he knew is that y/n was getting clingy with someone other than him. "Hey, Carmelo! What's up?" Y/N asks, ruffling his little brother's hair. "I needed some fresh air because I got in a fight with two kids." Carmelo explains.

"Aw, don't go punching people without my consent, okay? And be gentle with Helen." Y/N smiles. Carmelo tsks and rolls his eyes. Helen is confused. He has done nothing, yet this boy did not like him. He began to bite his bottom lip, gently chewing off the skin in anxiousness.

"Did you tell the teachers what's going on?" Y/N asks. "Teachers don't for shit." Carmelo growls. Y/N only chuckles.

Helen is surprised how opposite the brothers are. Like the different sides of the sun. Y/N was the joy that people saw in the sun, that it brings light to their life and let's the world grow. Carmelo was the bad people saw in the sun, how hot it is, and can sometimes give people heat strokes.

"Have they physically hurt you, yet?"

"No."

"You know how to fight, Melo Jello! Once they take the first hit, beat their ass!"

Helen did not know y/n was capable of saying such a vulgar word. He did not think y/n even knew what cursing was.

XX