Beating

Tom.

He was always bullied.

No one ever helped.

He doesn't have friends.

Except one.

Helen and Tom were secretly friends. Tom refused to let anyone acknowledge that fact because he didn't want Helen to get bullied as well; but now it seems to be too late.

Helen balled his hand into a fist, gritting slightly as paper began flying his direction. He tried to block out the laughter, but it wasn't working. He stared down at his desk, biting his lip anxiously to the point where it bled. "Where is y/n..?" He wondered. He prayed for him to be back soon.

Yet he wasn't going to be.

Y/N was busy with the teacher in the teacher's lounge, wondering how to raise his grade. His grades have suddenly been dropping and he knew his mother would be very cross if she found out.

Helen is on the floor now, tears slowly falling down his face as he protected his head from the kicks of others. He used his arms to cover his ears, sick of hearing the laughter and mocking of the other students. Despite the pain in his lip, he didn't notice as he continued to chew and bite in fright. Blood ran down his lips like a waterfall, but he didn't care. It was his only coping mechanism at the moment. Tom could only watch from afar as Helen wiped his tears and silently prayed for y/n.

Yet when y/n and the teacher entered the room, everything was already finished. Everyone acted like nothing happened, they were in their friend groups and as usual, they separated themselves to take their seats.

It took a while for the teacher to notice, but once she did, she was placed into deep concern. "Mr. Otis! What happened?" She asked just as y/n was about to do the same. He exchanged eye contact with y/n, his eyes glistening with relief. He thought y/n would be absent for the day.

"I uhm. . . I fell, miss." Helen lied. Helen has never lied before, but he could feel the uncomfortable stares from his classmates. "Can I take him to the nurse?" Y/N asked immedietly after. The teacher nodded, handed them an excuse, and went on with the lesson.

The hallways was empty and quiet. It didn't feel right to fill the hallways with their voices, yet y/n did it anyway.

"I know you didn't fall, Helen."

Helen twitches in response, beginning to bite on his lip again. He knew the class would murder him - quite possibly literally - if he told y/n. "I did. Stop making accusations." Helen says back, lying through his teeth. It left a sour taste in his mouth, but he had no other choice.

"You know how clumsy I am. You've seen me fall many, many times. Have you even seen me with those injuries?" Y/N asked. Helen knows y/n is clever. Too clever for his own good. He could never slip anything past, y/n, but he still had to try.

"I fell down the stairs." Helen explains. Y/N narrows his eyes and stares a Helen, looking for any sign to tell him he was lying. Yet Helen's face remained the same. There was no facial expression to begin with.

Y/N gives up and believes him, knowing Helen would never lie to him. He knocks on the nurses door and enters with Helen.

The nurse sits Helen down and excuses y/n, but y/n does not want to go.

"Can I stay with him? Please?" He asked. "No, no. You have class." She rejected.

"Please, miss?" Helen asks, a hint of desperation in his voice. The nurse stares at him for a bit and Helen decides it's time for the eyes.

He has never done the eyes before, but he hopes it works.

It does.

"Oh, fine. I suppose he can stay for a little bit. I've got to go fetch some ice." She stands up and walks out the room, y/n dancing on the inside of his mind.

(Y/N pov:)

I sat down next to Helen happily. "Where else are you hurt?" I asked. Helen shook his head, but I didn't believe him. "Come on, take off your jacket. The nurse has to see anyway." I said, gently grabbing his arm to help him. He swatted my hand away, as usual. I didn't mind, instead, I made eye contact with him. "Helen, it's okay." I said softly. He stared at me for a bit longer before allowing e to remove his windbreaker.

Red marks covered his arms and I knew they would turn into bruises. "I just- I didn't want you to worry for me.." Helen let out a breath and put his jacket back on.

"I don't believe you've fallen, Helen. Who did this to you? I'll teach them a lesson." I growled.

"No. You can't! They-"

Before Helen could finish, the nurse had arrived. Helen bit his bottom lip, and that's when I noticed all the dried blood already on it.

I just hope he'll tell me at the tree. . .