Chapter 4

Voice: Miss Anika Trivedi?

Anika: yes?

The voice of the receptionist calling out her name made Anika quickly stand. Here she was in the hallway of the Mehra Industry Office.

Receptionist: Ishaan Sir is ready for you

She took a large deep breath before taking any more steps towards the cabin. Her hand hesitantly reached the door, and she knocked a few times. A deep voice invited her in, and she entered the cabin.

Anika: Mr Ishaan Mehra?

Ishaan: Miss Anika Trivedi? Come have a seat

Anika walked with confidence to the chair and took a seat.

Anika: mein yaha PA ka job ke liye aayi
(I'm here for the position of PA)

Ishaan: PA? Okay, aapke paas files hai?
(PA? Okay, do you have your files with you?)

Anika: yes Sir

Forwarding the file, Anika waited in anticipation for his verdict. Finally he spoke after reading the papers.

Ishaan: résumé kaafi acha hai, aab kuch savaal poochna hai aapse
(The résumé is quite good, now I need to ask you a few questions)

Remembering the advice Shivaay gave her, she was fully prepared to ace the test.

Ishaan: why do you want to work here?

Anika: pagal hai kya? Yeh kya savaal hai? Dekho, log 2 vajhe ke liye job join karte. Ek, unka passion hai. Aapko lagta ki mein interested hogi yaha, chaubiso ghante desk ke peeche files dekhu? Nahi naa, iska matlab doosra option, mujhe paise ki zarurat hai. Aab faaltu mein humara time maat barbaad karo, kohi dhang ki savaal poocho.
(Are you crazy? What sort of question is this? Look, people join a job for one of two reasons. One, it's their passion. Do you think I'm interested here, around the clock looking at files from behind a desk? No isn't it, this means the other option, I'm in need of money. Now don't unnecessarily waste my time, ask some proper questions already)

Ishaan: hello, Miss Anika?

Anika was brought back to reality. Thank god she hadn't said all that aloud, otherwise what a mess would have been created.

Anika: sorry, aap bolre the?
(Sorry, you were saying?)

Ishaan: tujhe yeh job kyu chahiye? Tujhe kyu lagta ki mein tumhe pick karo?
(Why do you want this job? Why do you think that I should pick you?)

Anika: Mein bohot mehnat karti, aur har kaam dil se karti. Kuch adhoori nahi rehne deti
(I do a lot of hard work, and I do all my work from my heart. I don't leave anything incomplete)

Ishaan: woah, I'm impressed

Anika was glad hearing she did well

Ishaan: Congratulations on the new job

Anika: yaha?
(Here?)

Ishaan: toh kya, Facebook headquarters ke liye interview liya?
(Then what, I took your interview for the Facebook Headquarters?)

The chuckle that followed shortly assured Anika it was a joke.

Ishaan: day after tomorrow is Monday, you can start from then. 9:00 shuru kar sakti

Anika: okay

She was keenly taking mental notes, not wanting to miss out on a single detail.

Ishaan: kaam sab khatam hona chahiye jaane se pehle. Toh late nights shayad frequent hoge depending ki tum kitni jaldi kaam kar sakti
(All the work should be done before leaving. So late night may be frequent depending on how fast you get the work done)