Chapter 12

There were four days left before Anika would leave the house. Yes, he was counting down to the day when he would get less time to spend with her. Each day went so quickly, the opposite of what he wanted. Shivaay longed for the day's to stretch and drag, creating more time for him to "subtlety" flirt with her.

Flirt, I know right? Never would anyone have presumed that such days would come in which Shivaay Singh Oberoi would do such things. Not even his brothers could guess it would happen. Tiny things like purposely bumping into her, making her smile with his small talk and jokes, and casually creating that ever so slight contact between them.

These few weeks he spent with her weren't enough, not even close. They didn't get lots of quality time together either.

If that wasn't bad enough, she was getting married, according to Gauri. He's not sure how much of that he can believe, but from what came out of her mouth, it sounded extremely possible. That's something he has to confirm with her directly.

Maybe this was an impulsive decision of hers. Anika getting a little angry over his reaction to her buying a house, didn't go unnoticed of course. He saw her face and mood change when he said those things to make himself seem less invasive in her decisions.

So he thought and thought, what could he do about that? How could he possibly attempt to change her mind about marrying whoever she was going to tie the knot with?

A few days ago, following something he heard her say, Shivaay decided to give Anika a gift. Not something small like a necklace or bracelet, but something meaningful that would be like a dream come true for her.

A ting sound on his phone alerted him of a message, which confirmed his plan. Everything was set, prepared and ready for her. He just had to find her and take her to the place.

He knocked on her room door, hoping she was there. A voice from inside called out "one minute", but it was Gauri's. The door lock clicked open, and the door suddenly jerked open with the force she pulled it.

His future "Saali" was stood dressed in a bathrobe, with a white coloured beauty mask on her face and a bottle of nail varnish in one hand.

Shivaay: Oh Bete Ki

Both startled and scared, seeing Gauri like that all of a sudden made him jump.

Gauri: Oh My God!

In response to his words she exclaimed, unable to believe what he just said

Shivaay: what happened to you?

Gauri: what happened to you?

Emphasising on the last word "you", she smirked at his confused face.

Shivaay: Kya matlab?
(What do you mean?)

Gauri: aapne "Oh Bete Ki" bola
(You said "Oh Bete Ki")

Shivaay: tumhara iss bhoot wala chehra dekh kar kohi bhi dar jata
(Seeing your this ghost face, anyone will get scared)

Gauri: voh nahi
(Not that)

She irritatedly mumbled before continuing.