Chapter 14

As Gauri turned her side on the bed, she was welcomed by a bright shining light causing immense pain in her head. She felt around for some sort of duvet to cover her face but made use of a pillow instead. Then it dawned upon her, she had no idea what happened in the past few hours. Her eyes opened slowly as she held her heavy head, and she noticed Rudra lying on the sofa. Surprised by his presence, her eyes scanned the room and she was confused to see the room she'd been staying in.

A sound from Rudra caught her attention, and she immediately looked up to see Om standing there with a tray containing three full glasses of some drink.

Om: you're awake?

He smiled and offered a glass to her.

Om: it will help with the headache

After Gauri took the glass, she saw Om go back to wake his brother.

Rudra: sone doh yaar
(Let me sleep)

Groaning in frustration, Rudra pushed away Om's hand. He finally got up after a while and drank the water from the glass.

Rudra: kya hua?
(What happened?)

Om shook his head as he kept the tray to a side

Rudra: aur mein yaha kya kara hoon?
(And what am I doing here?)

It was only then he realised that this was not his room.

Om: tum teeno ne bhang wale laddoos khaye
(You three had eaten bhang laddoos)

Gauri: bhang...

She whispered that to herself as she tried to jog her memory. Her head turned to the other side only to witness Anika still fast asleep.

Shivaay came into the room, hoping that Rudra was awake so he could teach him a lesson

Shivaay: tu itna stupid hai Rudra
(You are so stupid Rudra)

As he took further steps towards them, Rudra shuffled back in his seat.

Shivaay: agar bhang ke jage mein kuch aur dangerous substance hota toh?
(If in place of bhang there was a different dangerous substance then what?)

He knew he should have taken more care, it wasn't a wise decision to just tuck in without making sure that it was safe.

Shivaay: Gauri are you okay?

She smiled in response before looking back at her elder sister.

Gauri: Di ne kitne laddoo khaye?
(How many laddoos did Anika eat?)

Om: six

Gauri: toh hum dono ne kareeban 2 kha liye, aur bohot nasha chada. Di ne 6 khaye, uska kya haal hota
(So us two ate around 2 laddoos, and we got quite intoxicated. Di had 6, what would her state be)

Gauri wanted to laugh so much, she couldn't control the urge. But even the slightest chuckle would send a terrible pain to shoot in her head.

Gauri: she can't handle 3 shots, what did she do this time?

Shivaay: khud pooch lo
(Ask yourself)