Chapter 6

Anika: Pinky Aunti, Dadi Ji? Yeh kya hai?
(Pinky Aunti? Dadi? What is this?)

Pinky: dahi-cheeni
(Sugar and yogurt)

Anika glanced at them, confused.

Anika: kyu?
(Why?)

Dadi: aaj pehla din hai office mein, naa? Toh isi liye har shubh kaam se pehle, dahi cheeni kaana banta
(Today is the first day in office, right? So that's why before an auspicious work, we make them eat sugar and yogurt)

The spoon was forwarded to her mouth and Anika smiled whilst eating it. She took blessing from the two ladies before adjusting the bag on her shoulder.

Anika: mujhe jaana padega
(I have to go now)

Dadi: theek hai puttar
(Okay puttar)

Unfortunately at this time, Shivaay was striding out of the house all decked up in his usual 3-piece suit.

Dadi: Billu

Anika turned back to face him and let out a chuckle. Oh how that name brings laughter upon her. Disregarding the 'Bhaaiya' part of the name, Anika found it extremely amusing and couldn't help herself when she heard it. Suddenly the incidents of the previous day dawned upon her, making her realise the awkwardness thay grew between them.

Shivaay: ji Dadi, Mom?
(Yes Dadi, Mom?)

Taking steps towards them he noticed the additional Anika stood with them, which slowed down his pace.

Shivaay: and you

Pinky: Shivaay Anika ko office pe chod do
(Shivaay, leave Anika at the office)

Shivaay: Kya? Mere office mein kya karegi?
(What? What will she do in my office?)

He shared a perplexed expression when turning to his mother.

Dadi: arrey Khoteya, tera office nahi. Mehra Industries
(Hey stupid, not your office. Mehra Industries)

Anika: Aunti kohi baat nahi, mein khud challungi
(Aunti it's okay, I'll make my own way)

Dadi: nahi puttar, Billu chodega aur yeh final hai. Aab jaldi challo, time per paunchna hai.
(No puttar, Billu will drop you and that's that. Now go quickly, you want to reach on time.)

After mentally preparing herself for the torturous and awkward ride ahead, Anika clutched onto her bag and followed Shivaay into the car. He soon began the journey and Anika indicated the directions. It took a second for Shivaay to work out they had reached a hospital, and not an office.

Shivaay: khog gayi kya? Yeh hospital hai, office nahi.
(Did you get lost? This is a hospital, mot an office)

Anika: mein yeh dekh sakti
(I can see this)

She huffed and got out of the car, soon followed by Shivaay.

Shivaay: hum yaha kyu aaye?
(Why are we here?)

Anika: job shuru hone se pehle mujhe Tej Uncle se aashirvad maangna hai
(Before the job begins, I would like to seek blessings from Tej Uncle)

Shivaay smiled on her consideration and antics, before accompanying her to the ward.

Tej: Shivaay, Anika. Andhar aaye
(Shivaay, Anika. Come inside)

Tej caught them as they approached the room. The two were stunned to see Tej on his feet holding the support of Jhanvi and another nurse.

Anika: Uncle aap toh bade rush mein hai yaha se escape karne mein
(Uncle your in a big rush to escape from here)