Chapter 8

Gauri: Di kaha hai?
(Where is Di?)

The impatient girl asked about her sister for the umpteenth time, making the fed-up Om stood beside her, roll his eyes. They had just visited Tej in hospital and were waiting for Shivaay to come with the car.

Om: kitni baar yehi savaal poochegi? Raaste mein hoge dono
(How mant times will you ask this question? The two must be on their way)

Gauri: take a chill pill yaar

She made weird facial expressions at his response, to which Om got annoyed. Seriously? She had been asking the same question so many times, he says one thing and she gets sassy with him? God give him some strength. Only five minutes they've been standing there outside the hospital and she's already eating his head.

Gauri: Di abhi tak aayi kyu nahi?
(Why hasn't Di come yet?)

Om: haye bhagwaan
(Oh God)

Troubled, he helplessly looked up to the sky.

Om: tumhe memory loss hai kya? Baar baar ek hi savaal poochri hai
(Do you have memory loss or what? Over and over again you're asking the same question)

Shaking his head, Om looked out in the distance, and saw a familiar car pull up outside the hospital.

Om: Thank God kohi toh aa gaye. Yeh ladki toh mera dimaag kharab kari thi. Ek aur mint toh shayad mein pagal ho jaata
(Thank God someone came. This girl was spoiling my brain. One more minute and maybe I would have gone crazy)

The few complaints were muttered as Shivaay signalled to them to get in the car.

Shivaay: Anika abhi tak nahi aayi?
(Anika hasn't come yet?)

He asked as soon as Om and Gauri sat in the car.

Om: sirf medicines lene gayi thi
(She only went to get medicines)

Gauri: ya, she should be done by now

Gauri added on. Another few minutes passed before Anika came running to them and sat in the back seat.

Anika: kitni dehr ke kiye wait kare the?
(For how long were you waiting?)

Gauri: not long, just 10 minutes

Om: lekin iske saath 10 ghante jese lagra tha
(But with her it seemed like 10 hours)

Again Om mumbled from the passenger seat, clearly referring to Gauri.

Shivaay: kuch kaha tune?
(Did you say something?)

Om: No, mein sirf sochra tha ki Gauri ke boyfriend isse kese jhelta
(No, I was just wondering how Gauri's boyfriend puts up with her)

Anika: boyfriend? Konsa boyfriend? Aye Gauri tune mujhe kabhi nahi batayi ki tu kisi ko date kari, huh?
(Boyfriend? Which boyfriend? Hey Gauri you never told me that you're dating someone, huh?)

Hawwww, this girl doesn't even tell her own sister? Chuppi Rustam, Om thought.

Gauri: mere paas kohi boyfriend nahi hai
(I don't have any boyfriend)